7.11.2008

Dear John,

I'm not sure how to go about this. I've never been good at it.

The time you and I have spent together really has been amazing. In fact, I remember the first day you and I met. You were so sweet, I knew that I would fall hard for you. Even if I was young I knew it was true love. We never argued or didn't get along. If I needed a pick-me-up you had my back, even if I didn't have yours. Through the years there have been others but I'd be lying if it wasn't always you. You and I both know eventually I would always come back. Anytime I was having a hard time you were always there. Thank you for that.

However, lately things haven't been going as well as I would have liked. Times change, people move on to bigger and better things.

Really it's not you, it's me.

I just have all of these goals and darn it I have to make them! Sacrifices must be made. Our relationship brings me down. One blissful taste of you on my lips is not worth it when I feel guilty the next moment. You hold me back. I need space. I need to be able to feel and look great without you being my crutch. I am sure we will run into each other in the future. How can we not? You are friends with all my friends. Don't be surprised when I don't answer your calls or look away when you are around. A clean break needs to happen. I won't be able to stay away from you very long if we keep seeing each other like this. Maybe one day you will understand. Who knows, maybe one day we will be together again.

I love you Coca-Cola. I always have and always will. Good luck with you and your future. I am sure you will do great things!

Sincerely,

-Rachel

5 comments:

Jessica said...

hahaha love it! ...wish I could do that to Diet Pepsi.

Michael said...

Ok so I read this and I seriously thought you were talking about Jon klemin. I thought man I knew they were hanging out, but I didn't know it was this serious! LMAO!

Jen and Jaylie said...

GOOD JOB!!!!

Shannon said...

Good job! You'll feel so much better without it. I've been off it for a good 2+ months now.

James and Michelle Quintana said...

oooh my god I was like this is so sad!!!! I thought it was about Adam for a moment HAHA then I was like na its got to be someone else lol... jk .. thats so funny though! ooh P.S I mad a blog now lol