9.01.2011

Somewhere between here and there

Ok - my last post was a mad one. But, it made me feel better, so sue me. I find myself strong in a lot of ways, but also am very weak when it comes to others. I usually take things too personally when really bad things are said about me. So I left that place with a very bruised ego and very little confidence in myself. I hate showing weakness, but that has to happen to make me stronger. God has a way of pushing me until I break, then I become more humble, things get better, and then I am suddenly being pushed again.

A vicious, vicious cycle I tell you.

I can say now life is on the mend. I found a better vet hospital who took me in with arms open wide. It has only been a week of me being there, but I think this is where I should have been from the start. I hope they feel the same way about me. I am still walking on thin ice, thinking it might crack at any moment. I think that will have to happen until I feel more comfortable and know they are not going to dump me for no real reason. They have to learn to trust me, and I have to learn to trust them as well.

Also, I survived August. It is always a freak show parade of birthdays. Between Brandons, Rons, Angels, Spencers, Trents and my birthday keeps me on my toes all month. Just when I feel like I can relax, Halloween is right around the corner.

I am ready for a new start, a new season, and my favorite holiday. I'm also way beyond ready to graduate and start being a grown up for real. I mean, after all - I am 24 now!


3 comments:

Heather said...

I am glad you found a better place to work!! It is nice to not dread going to work:) I can't believe it is already fall, before you know it Christmas will be here!!

Amelia said...

I am glad you found a better place too!!! You deserve it! I am ready for a new season too! Fall needs to get here and stay awhile! ;)

Heather said...

SO glad to hear that you found a better hospital. Sometimes it's all a part of God's plan, I think.

Also, I'm LOVING the new blog look!! It looks very pro.