10.20.2011

Dear Mom,

I am your first child to be a college graduate. It actually happened, I'm not sure how, but I know it happened. I owe so much of it to you. It seems like not too long ago I was graduating high school


Yeah, this is an awkward photo of me, but it is the only one I have handy. I remember then how proud of me you were. When college came around, you helped guide me into what I wanted to build a career in. We went to Broadview University and took a tour. You and I joked around a lot about how I was going to wear scrubs all day, and work with animals (finally). You were there when I signed the papers to get in, you where there when I got my first A. Although with the turn of events sadly you were not there to see me carry on.

I remember the day I visited you in the hospital, and you were bragging about how I was going to be a "doggie nurse" soon. I felt embarrassed especially since you were telling all the hot men nurses about it. I know you got a kick out of that. I am glad we had that moment because I think about it often. How I could feel your pride for me shining through the entire room. So when it was my turn to stand up to get my degree, I imagined you beaming with pride and telling everyone how I am now a doggie nurse. I hope you were able to see the end, and that I did accomplish something major. I was able to get through the hard times because of you, because there was no way in hell I was going to let you down. The entire family was there, and it was love all around.









Thank you for being my inspiration in life. I want to do the best in life, and have you shine through me and my life. Love you, love you, love you. I miss you too.

With love,

Rachel

1 comment:

Carrot said...

SO proud of you Rachel! And I know your mom is too!!! Any parent would be of such an awesome accomplishment! Congrats!