8.18.2008

Tattoo

Ever since I can remember I have always wanted a tattoo. I've done a lot of thinking and over the past few years decided what I wanted. I just have never actually gone to a shop to get it done. A friend of mine Corey does tattoos for a living. He is one of the most talented artists I know. The work he does is amazing. This past weekend he let me know he would give me my first tattoo free of charge for my 21st birthday.

I am getting Reggie's actual paw print tattooed on me.


I could go into the sappy story of the reason why I am doing that (like Reggie has been with me through all my hard times, my love for animals, and how I am going to be a vet tech) but really - it doesn't matter to anyone else but me anyway. The only problem I am having is where I am going to put it. I wanted to put it on the top of my foot but I keep hearing how painful it is. For my first tattoo I don't plan on putting myself through hell and back. I also am narcissistic enough to want the tattoo somewhere so I can see it. The places I have narrowed it down to is either on my front shoulder


or on my leg.


I am leaning more towards on the side of my leg closer to my knee. Now, most people reading this are probably freaking out. Sorry, there is no talking me out of this, so don't even try.

I am pretty freaking excited to get it done within this month or so.

Sorry Mom! Ha ha.

5 comments:

Guereca Family said...

I'm super excited to see it!!

Kristi said...

I think you should do it on your foot.... it would be cool!

Jen and Jaylie said...

just do it! who cares where it is, lol. j/k, i can't wait till its done!!!! wahoo, another tat freak in the making!

HaLaine said...

Way to go! I'm excited to see the finished product! I remember you telling me that you wanted that tattoo forever ago! That's a good sign...it means you still really want it. I think the foot too...or the shoulder. I wonder if it's on your leg if people will wonder what it is, ya know? Like a double take...but on your foot, it would totally stand out...no pun intended. And on your shoulder, it's close to your heart. Awww!

Michael said...

did you already do this...I want to see it when we hang out if you did!