8.03.2008

A Sad Homely Crazy Girl



Oh Hannah - Of course I went to the Breaking Dawn midnight release party. No capes and funky makeup though...does that help at all?

In all actuality I would have rather picked up my copy on Saturday morning. My sister was dying to go to the party I thought it wouldn't be that bad, I'd get in buy the book get out...simple right?

WRONG!

People are totally insane! I thought I was a little crazy over these books, however I find it safe to say I would be considered a "normal" fan. My sister and I got there around 10ish to find the Barnes and Noble PACKED! People dressed up. You wanted your future told? Go ask Alice at the fortune teller booth. Want to see the latest Vampire fashions? Go to the runway. Not as pale as you would like to be? Hit up the face painting section. There had to be over 3,000 people waiting for books that night. Everyone was on a Edward or Jacob high. They even had drinks you could buy and depending on the one you got, you were a vote for team Edward or team Jacob.

However Michael saved the day by gracing us with his presence. There were actually a lot of guys there. Chick searching I would assume. My sisters guy friend came as well to check out the madness. Check out some pictures...



It's true I saw her

Michael and Mwah

The line behind us

The line in front of us

Alyssa and I

Edward? Is that you?

Alyssa and her friend

I finished the book on Sunday. I have to say I was and wasn't impressed. I felt like everything was rushed. Stephenie did a lot of "telling" and no "showing" I wish there was also more time for Bella and Edward. There was so much going on and so many characters that they lost that spark for me that I saw in the other three books. The last two pages of the book are good though. I need to sit and read it again just to know for sure if I like it or not. Eclipse so far is still my favorite one. Too bad Stephenie couldn't have made this a five book series.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Look at us being all cool at the vampire party. Those people were insane. Good to see you though!

Jen and Jaylie said...

wow...I'm not sure if I could have handled that...wait, with you... yes I could have!

Shannon said...

HOLY MOLY!!! Never did I think there were that many people that went to it. WOW!!! It was cool to see the pictures of people all dressed up. Can't wait to see what happens when the movie comes out. :)