12.26.2009

Christmas Recap of '09

This year I've been dreading Christmas, for the obvious reasons. I was able to keep myself mostly busy with Christmas projects and school. Once those were gone, I was faced with the fact that Christmas was coming even if I didn't like the idea.

Christmas Eve Brandon got a taste of our traditions. Every year my mom makes a dinner feast filled with appetizers of all kind.


After we recap Christs life, and talk about the previous year we had and what family means to us. That part was the hardest for me. However, for the first time in a long time I didn't feel like a giant hole was missing in my life. Once we got that out of the way the rest of the night was filled with games, movies, and fun. I finally got to bed around midnight, only to be awaken at four to my youngest brother. Even though he is twelve he can't ever contain his excitement for Christmas. I tried to go back to sleep but failed, and after two hours of pestering from Matthew, I woke everyone up to open gifts. As you can see below, we all are half awake while opening gifts (except for Matthew of course).









After that madness we headed over to Brandon's parents to have breakfast with his family. Then after drove to my house to open gifts with my dad. After a little down time we went back over to his parents house for dinner, then watched Nine with Amelia and Trent. A busy day to say the least, I was grateful for some shut eye at the end of the night, but over all had a great Christmas. I owe my family, friends, and especially Brandon for making it a wonderful memory.

Now to the fun part... gifts!

I couldn't believe how spoiled I was this year.


Ron gave me a few things, one of them being a board game. Brandon's parents got me a Jane Austin book, and Trent gave me the second season of pushing daisies along with the first book of Dexter.

My dad gave me dishes and silverware for the "new year". Hmm, I wonder what that is supposed to mean?


My dad Ron also gave me this pretty baby...


I've been wanting a video camera for a while, no one seems to have random video coverage these days. I intend to change that.

Brandon gave me many things that I didn't deserve. Some play-doh, coloring books, Earth DVD, jewelry, and a record player!


I about died when I saw it, and passed out with joy. He also started off my vinyl collection with Jack Johnson, Lady GaGa, and Jason Mraz. Today, I went out and bought some more to add. I'm so in love.


Of course Mom was not forgotten. I left a Christmas tree on her grave.


Both of my dads gave me something to remember her by. Her scriptures, and a shadow box that I can keep things in of her.


Happy Holidays to you and yours, I hope everyone made some great memories.

2 comments:

Brandon Wilde said...

Best Christmas EVER! I'm glad you had a good time too. It's the least I could do. :)

Shawn said...

Looks like so much fun---and I love that record player---so jealous!!