4.12.2010

Centerpiece Dilemma


I've become obsessed about planning my wedding. I think the wedding "blue print" I created yesterday for Alyssa makes that obvious.

Most of my days are spent thinking of how I am going to do certain things, and how overall I would like everything to look. For the most part, I can't wrap my head around it all, but I am sure trying. This crazy infatuation with my narcissistic wedding is getting in the way of my school work. I just started up classes again last week, and let me tell you it is going to be a long ten weeks (yes, I am already counting down the weeks). Who wants to learn about x-rays, and the cultures in 3000 B.C. when you have a wedding coming up? I am looking forward to July when I take a break from school until October. That way I'll have plenty of time to run around doing the finishing touches. At least I'm hoping thats what I'll be doing.

So ladies, help a sista out here. What in the hell am I going to do about centerpieces? I really have no idea! I don't want there to be too much on the table, but I don't want there to be not enough either. I went to a bridal fair going on in Provo with a few friends. Let me tell you - that was a major mistake. Almost everything down there was for Mormon/church receptions weddings. No I do not want any sort of back drop, and NO your white pillars with fake vines going up it is not exactly what I need for my wedding. Barf. And before we go on, please do not mention to me the mirror table piece/tear drop beads. Neither of those will be anywhere near my tables!

Here are some ideas.


I do like the idea of having floating candles/flowers, but I am a little worried this is over done. I need to think of a way to spice it up a little.


I really like the candle and the vase it is in. But again, I feel like its over done.


Ok this is different from what I have seen before. I like the grass, and bright colored flowers. It has this very fun, playful vibe. It also feels southern to me, which makes it that much better.


This one feels very southern to me as well. Simple, yet interesting.

I think I'm turning into a wedding planning monster!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I think simple is always the best!! That probably doesn't help much but if I think of any specific ideas I will let you know:)

Unknown said...

I really like the last two. I think the second to last one, the one with the grass, will be pretty with your flower too. I think that needs to be kept in consideration as well... Cause the floating flowers with the candles, might turn out differently with gerbera daises. Just a thought, although I am sure you have thought of that already.

Brandon Wilde said...

I'll see if I have any photos of interesting centerpieces, or anything else, and send them to you. I have been meaning to do that. :)

Erica Yates said...

It depends on what the rest of the place looks like. Is there a lot of detail? Because if there is than you'd benefit from the centerpieces being a calm and simple design as to not detract from everything else. If things are simple everywhere else, this might be a good place to have detail.

At our Oregon reception, the place where we were having the reception had enough detail and awe to it that we really didn't need much decoration at all. So everything was kept really simple and had really clean lines. At our Utah reception it was in a park, so that was meant to be simple as well to give off a more relaxed vibe.

It all depends on what you're going for. Look at the room where you're holding it and the decorations that are already decided on and then ask yourself what makes the most sense for the overall feel.

Just my 2 cents.

I know these details are annoying and time consuming now, but you'll be surprised how much you miss it when it's over.