4.05.2010

The Dress

No worries folks I won't be walking down the isle naked, because I have the perfect wedding dress!

To be completely honest looking at dresses was not my idea of a good time, so I would have put it off until July when I absolutely had to get the dress. However, my designated mother through all this told me I needed to go "just too look". She e-mailed me last Friday and asked if I was up for dress shopping on Saturday.

I broke down and went with her early that morning to Davids Bridal. I didn't think I'd find much but the people there were really great. I pulled six different dresses and started trying them on. Someone should have told me how ridiculous it is to put on one of those bad boys! At one point I thought I was going to suffocate in all the white fabric. After trying them all on I fell in love with the first one I tried on (apparently this happens to a lot of people). So within an hour we were in and out.

Yes, it was that quick and painless. I guess it helps to know what you want when planning a wedding. It also helps to have your sidekick be my friend Angel (and that Davids Bridal is having a killer sale right now). The dress is sitting at Angels house so that I don't wear it every single day! How am I supposed to keep what the dress looks like a secret for the next five months?

Also we officially picked the date and place. September 17th at the Marriott hotel. The hotel is taking care of a lot thanks to my dear friend Cannon. They will take care of some of the center pieces, catering, tables, chairs, lights, linens, and servers. Holla!

Things are going smoothly, and I am enjoying this process, a lot. Major thanks to my friends and family for making this so much easier then it should be!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay!!! So happy it's all working out so well. So excited for you!!!

Heather said...

Man, your well on your way, missy! I'm so excited for you, and glad that you were able to find a dress that makes you feel like you are absolutely stunning. That's how it's supposed to be. And with the way you're knocking out the big tasks right and left, you might actually be able to enjoy this engagement thing. :)

Brandon Wilde said...

You are getting a lot done. I'm looking forward to this thing more and more. Can't wait to see the dress. Can't wait to see you in it.