5.10.2010

Sonya's Day

Yesterday was mothers day, a very eventful one at that.

In the morning we met up with the rest of my family to my moms grave. Brandon and I gave her these


I don't think anyone knew what to say, so all of us sat around her grave in silence for a while. It was nice to feel like our entire family was together, because that doesn't happen very often. It was really hard to watch my sister and dad cry though. I wish there was something I could do to make them feel better.

The rest of the day was spent visiting other family members. First up with my Grandma on the Yates side for a late lunch, and next was Brandon's family. Overall my first mothers day was somber of course, but not as horrible as I thought it would be. I just wish it was different you know? But some days I understand it isn't, and it won't be, and all I can do is make the best of what I have. Especially celebrate the mothers and grandmothers who are still with me today.

I feel lucky.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wonderful perspective. I'm glad that the day was good.

Heather said...

Those flowers are really pretty!! I am glad it ended up being a better day than you thought:)

HaLaine said...

I just realized something. It's taken me this long to figure it out. But we ARE soul sisters...when I read "Yates side for lunch..." I realized: I'M A YEATS!! My mom's family are Yeats'...so we must be related somewhere along the lines!