2.27.2012

Woooof!

Well my friends my days of sleeping in, munching all day, watching Ellen Degeneres, and my afternoon reading time is coming to an end. Yes people, I found a job. I feel as though I have nothing much to say about it. However, when I interviewed my first impression was that I liked the place, everyone was really friendly, and that it would be fun to work with a lot of exotic animals. My first day is this Tuesday. Way nervous, but more hopeful for very good things.

So yes, I will miss having a bunch of free time on my hands, but lets face it - you can only be a bum for so long. I think what I will miss the most is my long trips to the Dog Park with the loves of my life Frankie and Reggie. I've found that the park is my happy place. I go and read while the dogs wrestle behind me. I will play fetch with Frankie, and chase Reggie around the park when he happens to get the ball (he loves a good game of keep away). I also have met some really great (and not so great) people there. I always have fun conversations, and have met a few friends a long the way.

This post is to the dogs and the great time I have there. I have come to look forward to seeing all these beautiful faces. I can't wait until the weather gets better, and I'll be able to go there and stay later in the day with the warm sun. I mean, how can you not get along with these beautiful creatures?


Although I may be working now, I'll still be making time to get to the park. I can't give up one of the great joys of my life.

P.S. I took all of those photos. Fairly proud of myself if you ask me. IT is never easy to get good pictures of dogs.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

It is always hard to go back to a normal schedule after having so much free time, but it will be good to get back to doing what you love. I hope your first day goes well and that it turns out to be everything you hope it will be! ;)