11.15.2007

Good Times.




I remember playing Risk. I’ve only played it with you. I was so young, and you seemed so old. Looking back now I am surprised you played with me, always with a smile. If you hated it I would have never known, you made me feel important.


I remember when we drifted apart. I don’t really know how it happened; I think it was the distance. I stayed close to Buffy though. You two always had funny stories, and a huge group of friends. I didn’t really understand the inside jokes you two passed along, but I laughed anyway. Remember when you were in Grease? I watched the whole thing, Buffy invited me, and you were great. I never had the chance to tell you.

I remember when you went on your two year vacation, I lost track of everything. G-ma would tell me she would get letters from you, you seemed so old. Buffy and I got closer. I reached out to her, because she was the only family I felt like I really had. You know our family, not very close. I felt more and more uncomfortable around her. Our lives were taking different paths, it was painfully obvious, but I didn’t want to give up.

I remember when we went bowling. Buffy had to set it up, because I didn’t know your number. I still remember your face through out that night; it was almost like you were watching a stranger you once knew. I felt like I was gaining a friend I once knew.

I remember the cemetery. You probably want to forget it. It was the first time I was ever mad at you. Looking back now it would have been funny, if I wasn’t so scared.

I remember playing Life: Pirates of the Caribbean. Who would have known board games would be our thing? I haven’t played it since we last played. I think it is just not the same with out you.

I remember when you applied. The receptionist told me “some guy” was waiting for me. I went over by Skye’s desk to see if I knew the person in the lobby. I wasn’t positive who it was, so I went down anyway. Good thing it was you, I was excited to know this was a way for us to get closer, and for me to get 50 bucks off you.

I remember seeing Panic! At The Disco. You are a pro at concerts, I wasn’t prepared. I thought I would never get the smell of sweat off of me from the pit. It was worth it. I never felt more alive. Thanks to you, I go any chance I can get. Thanks to you, I found a lifelong friend.

I remember when we went to see the movie outside. I thought my dad would kill me if we put a scratch on that lovesac. I was damn sure it was going to fly off the back of the truck. Even though you assured me I was crazy, the thought of knowing I-15 would close down because of all the accidents we would have caused still kept me alert. I would have blamed it on you, if you were wondering.

As we would say, good times.

Here is to us!

1 comment:

Trent said...

oh the good times! i love you!