11.26.2007

On A Rainy Monday

I can’t help but not function today.

I went to Colorado last week, and I am emotionally and physically exhausted. Seeing family just is not my thing. Yeah, yeah I know it was Thanksgiving, BUT STILL! Sitting around shoving your face full of turkey and being stuck with the crazies you call family is the last thing to do on my list. Thanksgiving is totally overrated unless you mean the giving thanks part. Does anyone do that any more?

The great part about Turkey day, is the day after, black Friday baby! I wake up at the butt crack of dawn to search around for that great deal. I am an avid people watcher as well, and you just can’t top all the toy hungry mothers.

This year I went to Target. I was able to get everything I needed, and of course watch the madness. I want to know who came up with the GENIUS idea to put all of the electronic sale items (ipod, cameras, PSP, phones) in that circle counter they have in electronics. I have never been to Target on black Friday, so I am not sure if they do this every year. I hate it. Why else would you wake up at 4 in the morning and wait in the cold for something that wasn't electronic? So you have layers of people around this blessed circle with TWO employees! Who by the way are extremely excited to be working on a Friday morning!

Luckily I know how to get what I want, I moshed through that crowd, and got to the front getting the digital camera for my parents, and then later on getting the electronic keyboard as well.

Fancy eh?

Christmas is a coming!

2 comments:

Guereca Family said...

I don't know why I'm always so amazed at how alive we are.....I too am a people watcher, and I too got a kick out of waking up early in the morning and going to Target. I especially loved the acne prone teenaged boys fighting over the Guitar Hero sets....hahaha! It's funny because I didn't really get anything that was worth getting out of bed for, (a movie for my cousin and a car for Orion that wasn't even on sale, but was one we don't have....I'm pretty much obsessed with the Disney Cars Toys :)

Guereca Family said...

"alive we are"??!! Haha!! I meant alike....that's too funny :)