11.15.2007

Unfinished

Once again you're at my front door
I can't believe how good you still look.
& it hurts that we are not together
Deep inside I know we won't be
But, a cloud of hope deceives me

Once again you come to me broken
I can't believe I'm falling for my own heart breaker
& yet you look so innocent
Deep inside I know you are not what I look for
But, a wall of curiosity blocks my view.

Once again I am getting mixed signals.
I can't believe you are dating someone else.
& yet for some reason you are here with me tonight
Deep inside I know I shouldn't love you
But, a latter of lust makes me go further

Once again you leave me standing alone at my front door.
I can't believe you still leave me breathless
& Yet I seem to despise you even more.
Deep inside I might just hate you.
But a bottle of honesty keeps my soul locked up.

No comments: