1.14.2008

Children are for people who can't have dogs

Hello, my name is Rachel, I am 20, and have an addiction to dogs.

You may or may not already know this, but I am a huge dog lover. I am going to school to become a vet tech. That's right, just your average crazy-I-treat-my-dog-like-a-human person. Because I can, here are some facts on the dogs in my life now.

First off is Smokey or "Old Man" this year he is 15 years old, and still kicking! He has half cocker spaniel and half poodle. He lives at my mothers house and seems to enjoy life, especially sleeping a lot! I am afraid that this may be the last year we have him, but he has lived a lonnng life.




Next would be Oscar aka the "grouch". He is a 1 year old mini schnauzer with A LOT of personality! Once I moved out of my mothers house, I spent a lot of time looking for a new dog to keep me company, and was looking for a schnauzer. I am pretty sure my mom went behind my back and got one for herself, just because she can (and that I hadn't gotten one yet). He lives at my mothers house as well.



I also watch many of my friends dogs while they go on vacation, or business trips or whatever it might be. Neo and Odin are the two dogs I take care of them the most, both very big, and both a lot of fun. Neo is a German Shepherd, and Odin is half Rottweiler and Lab both of them are 5, I think... don't quote me on that. Everyone who ever meets them is always amazed by their size, but that is what I love about them.




Of course, last but not least, my very own dog Reggie.



Last December Reggie turned 3. He is also half basenji and half pharaoh hound. Don't know what they are? Gooooogle it!


In 2005 I adopted Reggie from the humane society and let me tell you. . . he has been a handful. I have to admit there was even a time when I thought I would have to give him up from how hard he was to manage. He can jump almost six feet in the air with out a head start, and can chew through almost anything! I cant even begin to tell you all the ways this smart dog has done to test my patience. Even through everything with this dog, I really can't imagine my life without him, at all. He really keeps me together when thing are hard. Cheesy!

This is Reggie tonight, a little bored, a little tired, and hella cute as always!




Good night.

No comments: