2.28.2008

Little People, Big World

Last night while surfing through the T.V., I found on TLC a documentary called “The Smallest People in the World”. I happen to watch all sorts of documentaries well because, I am nerdy like that, so I had to see this one.

It was about people and children who are diagnosed with primordial dwarfism. Basically children’s growth is delayed for their gestational age before birth and at birth. There are about 100 people in the world with this, and 45 live in the U.S.

It went through how they lived day to day and how there family dealt with everything. Here I was complaining about my life and the way its going right now, when these kids are going through something I don’t think I could ever go through. The strength and courage they have is amazing!

The two that caught my eye the most was Bridgette and Brad who are brother and sister.

Bridgette is 17 years old 28 inches tall and weighs 19lbs!



Brad is 15 years old 38 inches tall and weights 30lbs!



Just listening to their story was great. I am so grateful for every little thing I have after watching these guys. They even do all of this with a smile on their face. To learn more about them go to http://littlejordansprimordialworld.com.



So when life gives you crap…plant some flowers okay?

1 comment:

Guereca Family said...

I've seen it! I love TLC documentaries!