3.16.2008

Paradise

As soon as I heard the water splashing on my window, I knew it was time for a drive. My favorite part about the night is the silence. It didn’t matter what time it was, it didn’t matter how late. I knew it was time to go.

Shifting into reverse I turned on Justin Nozuka. It is necessary to have the right music for a night like tonight. A chill runs from the back of my neck to my tale bone. Excitement kills me, but at the same time I need some preparation. The mood I am searching for isn’t something that comes along any time, any where.

Splash. Splash.

Swipe. Swipe.

I can’t help but tap on the steering wheel. I even hum underneath my breath. This crisp cold air feeds my veins. I can feel it through my nose, moving to my heart, eventually reaching to the tip of my fingers.

Reaching my destination, I shift into park. Lights are off, engine is off.

Beep. Beep.

The sound reassures me it is locked. Pulling up my jacket over my shoulder I start to walk. Who would have known the park would be so peaceful in the rain? I felt sorry for everyone sleeping now and missing this gift. The hood keeps my hair dry. It doesn’t keep my jeans dry though. The grass soaks my jean bottoms with water.

Reaching his house I slowly reach the fence to the back yard. Trying to be as swift as possible I jump over. Tearing my jeans around my knee wasn’t the plan but it happened. As soon as I reach the other side, I reach for my knee. Blood…eventually it will go away, I wash it off on the grass. Reaching the window my heart starts to flutter. He left it opened a crack for me. Tonight he was missing me.

Sliding the window open, I climb into the house. He looks so peaceful, he always does. When I look at him I wonder how I ever make it so long without seeing him. Shutting the window, I shake off my jacket. Using the sleeve I wipe off the remanding blood on my knee. I place my shoes and socks near his dresser.

I eventually slip into his bed. His sent swarms my head. I think I have missed him too. He puts his arms around me not saying a word. I hope he doesn’t say anything. I just can’t loose this moment. His body heat next to mine sways my mind to sleep.

Thunk. Thunk.

My eyes flutter open. I can hear the parents upstairs, its time to go. Slowly pressing my lips to his forehead my heart feels heavy.

Walking to get my things, my hand grazes his dresser. The carving in the wood is so beautiful. Taking his cologne I spray my wrist. This will last for another day or two, if I am lucky.

Carefully climbing over the fence I make sure that everything looks as how it was. No disturbing the peace.

Flipping the hood over my face I jog over to my car. The rays of sunshine fall in-between the trees. The grass still has the morning rain. I can’t help but smile, waiting for the next time it rains.

Beep. Beep.

No comments: