3.06.2008

G-ma

“So Rachel, what are you going to be doing with your life?”

“Well, I am planning to go to a different college to become a Vet Tech, and I am going to a singles ward right now to hopefully meet new people up in Salt Lake. Everything is pretty boring without Trent here.”

“Hmmm…”

G-ma gave me the stare. I knew the wheels were just a turning at my last sentence. I couldn’t imagine what she was thinking, but knowing her I was going to find out soon.

“Speaking of Trent…”

See I told you she had something on her mind!

“…I was talking to his mother the other day. I guess he isn’t sure what he is going to do after he graduates this year.”

“Oh well, he will find a job. He is a smart kid he will find his way and of course maybe even work with me, and we will hang out more!”

“About that…”

Okay G-ma just please spit it out so I don’t feel so awkward.

“…He hasn’t been dating anyone really at his singles ward. His mother and I have been talking about this. We think it’s because when he is here in town he hangs out a lot with you. If he had more space maybe he could be able to find his soul mate.”

Wait does she know he is 24? Do they think all is lost for his dating life? And wait just one moment… is my G-ma really calling me a cock-blocker? Okay this isn’t happening right now.

“So maybe this summer when he gets back you two could leave each other alone, and start dating more people. He isn’t going anywhere anyway, I mean he is your cousin after all.”

I at this point am still trying to soak in how blunt she is. It must come with old age I guess. I haven’t seen her in almost five months and she is worried about dating crap? I even told her how I broke up with my boyfriend of two years, and you know what I got from her? NOTHING! That’s what! I can’t help but laugh about where her priorities lye and when I can go back to my own life. I do wonder if his mom really feels that way, if she did, I would sort of feel bad. I said sort of, but not really.

Starting to head down the stairs I hear my name.

“Oh and Rachel? Do you think you could have him go to your singles ward so he can meet new young ladies? The more he meets the better!”

Gotta love family no?

1 comment:

Guereca Family said...

Haha! She seriously said 'soul mate'?! That's too funny! I have a cousin who would be the same if he didn't live in AZ, we used to inseparable.