3.30.2008

Disappointment

I’m thinking best friend.
You’re thinking convenience.
I listen to your problems
You ignore mine
I told you my fears
You exposed every one.
I let you cry on my shoulder
You give me the cold shoulder
I think you will come around
You never will

I’m thinking parental figure
You’re thinking too much responsibility
I try and make you proud
You mock my efforts
I save your life over and over
You take mine
I cover up your dark skeletons
You create more for me
I reach for your hand
You choose to sink deeper
I think you will be here for me
You prove me wrong

I’m thinking relationship
You’re thinking just another fling
I only kiss your lips
You search for others
I give you myself
You give me lies
I help you to succeed
You prevent me from flying
I think marriage
You leave me heartbroken

No comments: