5.06.2008

You know you are obsessed with books when...

…you go to the borders store at 3:30 in the morning to get a new copy of The Host, and a ticket to go to the book signing of Stephanie Meyer.

Oh believe me, you read that right. I thought it would be an amazing idea to wake up and get ticket to see her this morning. She is coming to Thanksgiving point next Friday the 16th to do a discussion and a book signing. My little sister was the lady who introduced me to the Twilight saga, and I thought it only appropriate to get her a ticket as well. Also, being the sweet, sweet, friend I am I got KaraLee some tickets too.

KaraLee called me last night around 7ish to let me know the borders down in Provo already had people camping outside of the store waiting for the store to open the next morning at 8am. I at that point thought my chances were shot to hell, and almost decided to not go. The problem is once I have my mind on something I really can’t let it go. I am completely stubborn.

So this morning I woke up at 3 and go to the store around 3:30. When I got there I was about the 45th person in line. Can I just tell you I am an AMATURE when it comes to this crap. People had tents, chairs, food, drinks, movie players, cards, friends. I brought myself, a cell phone, and a book, for four and a half hours. Let’s just say lesson learned and leave it at that!


The line (this is at the front I didn't have time to get a picture of all the way to the end)

The best part of the experience was sitting next to the biggest freaks I swear! The boy to my right (that’s right I said boy) was playing sudoku and leaning over my shoulder the whole time trying to read what I was writing on my phone…annoying!

The two girls to my right were the best though.

Girl #1: “Hey, if you could have sex with any one of the Twilight characters who would it be?”

Girl #2: “Emmett! All the way! It is all about the animal sex baby! I like it that way”

Girl #1: “OMG! I know right?”

Girl #2: “So how did it go with Walker last night? You get any?”

Girl #1: “Well, no I mean I thought about making out with him, but then I got too scared. He had his hand right next to mine the whole time we watched the movie.”

Girl #2: “If a guy does that, it means he totally wants you. You blew it, you should have held his hand, I am sure he likes you.”

Girl #1: “OMG! I know right? I’ve just been single forever I forget how to date people.”

Girl #2: “Me and Cody are still dating. He told me he loved me like a month a go.”

Girl #1: (Gasping in horror) “Wow! And what did you say back to him? I NEED DETAILS!”

Girl #2: “I just smiled and said thank you.”

Girl #1; (Sighs) “I wish I had a boyfriend that told me he loved me. I haven’t had sex in over three years.”

Girl #2: “Wow we need to change that ASAP!”

Girl #1: “OMG! I know right?”

Girl #2: “Me and Cody started having sex after dating for two and a half weeks. His parents were right next door. I hate doing it and having to be quiet it’s so annoying!”

Girl #1: “Yeah I hate that, I think I need to get in a relationship soon.”

Girl #2: “Yeah, women who don’t have boyfriends are losers! It just shows how unwanted they are. I have only been single for five months when I was 15, other than that I’ve been with someone my whole life. Single people are pathetic.”

Girl #1: “OMG! I know right?”

I think I lost SEVERAL brain cells listening to their conversations.

By the time it was 7:30 a head count was done and over 350 people were in line to get tickets. Only 500 were available so I feel bad for the people at the end of the line…sorta. The line wrapped all the way down the shopping center it was insane!


Around 8:18 am I got my three tickets and three books of The Host. I can’t help It I am totally proud of myself!


Alright, I am going to go take a shower now and try to scrub all the nerdy-ness off me!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

CRAP!!! I was so planning on getting tickets. Sounds like it was quite eventful. Let me know how the book signing goes. I can't wait to read it!!

Lisa Bella said...

I find this as disturbing as saving children's teeth

HaLaine said...

Dude, you better be there today...I can't wait to see YOUR hair! Good WORK!

Rich In Herriman said...

I would have thought you'd have figured out the whole waiting in line thing last Black Friday.