5.04.2008

Backpacking through Southern Utah

Lets keep a few things in mind before I go on shall we?

Rachel’s Fears

Fear #1 Children (duh)

Fear #2 Old people

Fear #3 Relying on others

Fear #4 Road Trips (I always get sick)

This last weekend was an adventure to say the least. My dearest Trent was graduating at SUU, and being the dedicated friend/cousin that I am I drove out to see him. Here are where all the fears come into play because I had to address every single one! Friday I drove down with my dear G-ma, Aunt Sue, and her two CHILDREN. Those two fight and fight and fight no matter where you are at. I braved the unthinkable by being in the car for up to four hours with them. Luckily I suckered G-ma into letting me drive, I did want to be there by sundown after all. As soon as I got to Cedar I met up with Trent. I met his good friend Britney (I know she spells it different but I don’t know how) and another boy named…Landon? There were good times to be had venturing out into that very, VERY happening city. I love spending time with Trent no matter what I am doing, we always have fun. After having a “sleep over” at Britney’s I had my G-ma pick me up and take me to Trent graduation. Having slept only four hours or so I couldn’t keep my eyes open for the speakers. Afterwards I hitched a ride with Trent’s parents to St George, after watching father of the bride and trying to get some much needed shut eye, Ms. Tobler came to pick my butt up!

On a side note don’t you love it when you have to rely on everyone else to take you anywhere? Yeah, me too.

After spending the night with her and her family, it was time for sleep. This morning I woke up to getting ready to go to church. The last thing I want to do on my vacation is go to church, but since Tobler was my ride all I could do was bend to her wishes. I didn’t go to just one sacrament meeting oh no, I ended up going to TWO! Alas, I was able to make it going home, even if I did have to listen to church music the whole way home J.

Honestly, I really am grateful for the weekend I had. I learned a lot about myself and was actually glad everything turned out the way it did.

I do think that now I need another vacation after this last vacation.

No comments: