5.22.2008

Twilight Fever

Last Friday was the big day. It was Stephenie Meyer day! KaraLee and I left work early to stand in line to see her and hopefully get good seats. Around 11am we went over to Thanksgiving Point (keep in mind the signing started at 7 that night), and there were already people lined up, so we decided we had to go and stay in line soon. I dropped her off and let her save our spots while I ran to Walmart. It was a beautiful day outside…but it was SO HOT! I am a freaking sissy when it comes to that, so I went to get us some shade. I found these amazing umbrellas that will sit on your camping chair, so I bought three of them.

When I got back to my horror the girls who were in front of me in line to get tickets for this thing were BEHIND me in the line…just my luck! They were so loud and obnoxious everyone around them were complaining. I did get a kick out of the daughter and mother though. They both bought and “custom made” these ugly shirts that I think they paid 55 bucks for?...crazy! Speaking of shirts, can I just say ours were a HIT?!?! Back in high school for a school dance I went to we made these shirts, really simple you get a regular t-shirt from anywhere, get some lettering to cover the shirt (we used stamps, or tape etc…) write what you want on the shirt then spray it with bleach and dry it…wa-la you have your own shirt. It is super cheep and I thought it would just be something fun for us girls to do. Well at the signing we had so much attention over them. I couldn’t walk anywhere with 2-4 people stopping wanting to know how I made them…what they said etc. We had the “major fan cites” for Stephenie Meyer take our pictures to post on their websites…I am sure we are on the world wide web with our amazing shirts on like 16 different websites. After waiting for MANY hours in the hot sun we finally found some pretty dang good seats. We were the 7th row back in the middle. They made an announcement that you could buy as many copies of the host as you wanted there and Stephenie would sign all of them and personalize them with your name in it. KaraLee ended up buying around six to get signed for family and friends. When Stephenie finally came out and started her discussion I started to realize it felt like I was at some nerdy Star Wars convention with all the crazies! People were just going insane over here, like she was Justin Timberlake or something…whoa! After she talked about the Twilight books and The Host she started signing books. Remember we are the 7th row back and it took her two hours to get to us to sign our books. In the mean time I sat to a guy with his wife (yes I know a man was there…amazing!) He was there for his wife so she could get all her copies signed my Stephenie (smart idea…why didn’t I think of that?!?!) Him and I laughed and laughed about the stupidest stuff. My favorite part was when he was talking about why he was here.

Boy: “I am here to get Stephenie’s number, you know in case she wants to leave her husband.”

Me: “Oh yeah? And then you’ll leave your wife too then?”

Boy: “Uh no…we do live in Utah you know.”

Me: “Oh I got you, so you have one woman to be the sugar mama, one to be pretty, and one to raise your children?”

Boy: “Actually I was thinking more along the lines of one to cook me food, one to do my laundry and one to clean my house…”

Me: “Yeah that’s what YOU thought until you got three wives and the next thing you know is YOU have more chores! Three lawns to mow, three PMS women, three different places you have to kill spiders.” He was a riot we had so much fun joking around. Once we were talking with Stephenie after waiting forever she was so amazing, and nice. She wanted to know about our shirts…of COURSE because they are AMAZING…(have I told you the shirts were my idea? Haha) We also asked her questions about Twilight that some girls behind us wanted her to ask. (warning spoilers are ahead if you haven’t read all three twilight books)

Me: “Stephenie, how was the pack able to change into werewolves once all the Cullens left? I thought they only change into werewolves when vampires are around.”

And without even skipping a beat she said…

Stephenie: “All it took was the Cullens to be there when they were. As soon as they showed up, all the werewolves started to change even after they were gone. It was unstoppable.”
They also asked her about how Alice could see Bella becoming a vampire with Edward’s help when Alice cant see something until a choice was made. If you remember right in the first book Bella hadn’t made a choice yet. She answered the question saying that Alice could see only two options for Bella, being a vampire or death. I just thought Stephenie was amazing, and I got my Twilight book, Eclipse book, and Host book all signed. We all had an amazing time, if you get a chance to meet her or do something like this, seriously do it!

2 comments:

Lisa Bella said...

First of all... You never said what the shirts freaking say!! And second through fourthly I will ask you over messenger... HAHAHA!

Shannon said...

I'm so jealous you got to meet her. I'm sure it was amazing!