6.02.2008

Work It Out Girl!

Can I just say this working out three times a week is kicking my trash? I’m on week four of this new habit I am trying to form. Who ever said it takes 30 days to start a habit is W-R-O-N-G! I am not sure I will ever get to the point of,

“Hey look it’s six in the morning let me get up and sweat my brains out for an hour…that sounds wonderful!”

I do feel better these days though. How can you not? My body is more active and wanting to do a lot more things. In fact last Friday I ended up playing softball for a good few hours with the work peeps. – That is a story within itself. Let’s just say the bruises are still recovering from getting hit head on from my boss.

Note to self: Remember this story for future boss black mail.

I want to get to a point of where I am comfortable with myself. I don’t know how long it is going to take me to get there…but damn it I am going to get there if it kills me! KaraLee leaves for Russia today, so I don’t have my usual work out buddy to go with. Fortunately I have suckered another friend at work to go with me. It is a lot easier to keep my goals when I have a work out buddy. I cringe just saying that because I am so independent. It bothers me knowing I can do better with someone’s help.

In other news the single life isn’t as fun as it is cracked up to be. I hate dealing with dumb guys. I think I would hire someone to find me a bunch of men to choose from instead of having to go through all the idiots. Then when I actually find myself liking someone I go through the whole…

What if he doesn’t think I am cute? What if I am not funny enough? What if I am not smart enough? What if he breaks my heart? What if he doesn’t wear jeans?!? <---Inside joke

I think at this point in my life I am trying to stick to my guns. If I keep trying to improve myself for the better good things will happen right?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! That new workout buddy is me! But I didn't go this morning like I said I would. I brought my work out clothes and even came in at 6:00 AM, but forgot to bring my showering items, and clean g's. So, I'll have to do it after my shift so I can get home & shower that sweat off.

I'm totally excited to do this with you. For some reason it just helps having someone there working out with you. That's what I need to do to keep going. I don't have the motivation when I'm by myself.

Seriously Rachel...can't you see us in 6 months from now wearing our skinny jeans?! We're so going to get there. :)

Jen and Jaylie said...

You have 2 work out buddies now! GO US!!!!!