1.12.2010

Have I become "one of those" women?

Remember this post? And this post? And this post?

I think it would be fair to say I'm a hater when it comes to marriage, relationships, kids and well, marriage.

For all my life this is how I've seen things. And to this day still feel strongly about it. However lately I seem to find myself doing the unthinkable! Like looking at womens wedding rings, going to more wedding receptions, and critiquing the best and the worst of womens choices in wedding dresses.

Who is this woman? You might ask, and to be honest I don't know.

I'm not exactly sure when this started either until last night in class. I have a fellow classmate who is constantly talking about her wedding (which will be in July) and she sucks me into her little crazy bridezilla world. She has me thinking more on what I want at my own wedding someday. I think that is pretty typical of a women to do so I didn't think anything of it until last nights lecture in my parasitology class. I couldn't help but stare at all the womens wedding rings in my class. Especially my teachers, her ring was massive! I suddenly found myself day dreaming in la-la-land about it all, and before I knew it, 45 minutes had past.

45 minutes had pasted thinking about dumb rings!

I was shocked! Since when has this all sneaked up on me? Since when have I been noticing the more women things like that? Normally I run away from that kind of thought or conversation, and now I'm encouraging it? Start the press!

Alright, alright. I may or may not have already been looking around for a ring of my own someday. So maybe that has something to do with it. I think that is no excuse for becoming obsessed!

Have I become one of those women?

You know, the ones that leap to the chance to be involved in the wedding party? Scream up and down for joy when their girlfriends get engaged? Live to throw bridal showers?

ewww!

I don't think I will ever be that extreme, but I'm tired of the day dreaming. How's a girl to learn anything at school? Is this natural? Do I need to see someone?

Oy Vey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehhee...I'll be in your non-marriage corner if you ever need a buddy. ( "

Heather said...

It's good you are open minded about these kind of things or how else are you going to have a chance at being my sister in law one day (I could throw a pretty good bridal shower just in case you were wondering)!!!!!!!:)

Jen and Jaylie said...

it's okay Rachel I still love you!