1.21.2010

Typical Wednesday

Who says I can't be free? From all of the things that I used to be.
Re-write my history. Who says I can't be free?
- John Mayer

What is your normal Wednesday like?

Mine is usually spent waking up, driving to work, working for the man, driving home to make myself some type of sandwich with chips (and some juice if I'm lucky), watching some show on the Discovery channel, talk about absolutely nothing with Trent when he comes over, then sleep.

No seriously, every Wednesday is like that. Well every Wednesday but yesterday.

It started with some very random morning events that shouldn't be discussed here, but none the less I knew it was going to be a different day. My dad and I went to lunch, where for the first time in a very long time we had a very good talk. He opened up, I opened up, and I got a lot off my chest that has been haunting me for some time now. For those of you who don't know, him and I have a very, very special relationship, but yesterday was different . We talked about our future goals, and how we were going to get there. For the first time we were on the same page in the middle of a very loud jimmy johns. I felt better about my life as a whole.

Later that day I was speaking to one of my long lost cousins (you would understand if you were part of the family) who apparently loves Xango. He works literally right across the street from me, so I told him to let me know when he was ready to finally hang out with me and I'd give him some Xango juice. We joked about other things for a bit until I went back to work. While answering some work e-mails I got a call from the front desk saying Lance was downstairs wanting to see me.

What? Lance here? Apparently he took me a lot more serious then I thought, but I wasn't going to let him down.

I saw him in the lobby and we immediately started catching up. It was so nice to talk to someone on my dads side of the family, I always feel like I'm missing out on something by not being close with them. Lance and I have a lot in common and I was surprised how interested he was in building a relationship with me. We exchanged numbers, and walked around the Xango buildings goofing around. I quickly relaized if you walk around with a guy at my work who looks like this...


...and is 6'7 of pure muscle, it demands everyones attention. Even my boss's attention (which is another awkward story within itself). All the girls heads were turning, and he was loving every moment of it I'm sure. And hey, he got two cases of free juice out of the entire thing.

I also had several signs that happened yesterday about some questions I've been needing answers to for a very long time. Ok, so maybe this day wasn't too crazy but emotionally speaking it was. I was able to connect with my dad, reconnect with a cousin, and feel more confident in how my life will shape out to be.

How many can say that happened to them on a typical Wednesday?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Dude! Sounds like an awesome day. I love those times when I feel motivated to be and do better, and things just seem to work out.

Heather said...

I love Jimmy John's!! Sounds like it was a good day!!:)

Shawn said...

I love days that shake my world up! And what an emotional ride! How lucky for you, my dear.