7.27.2010

Say What?

I'm trying to keep up with my life these days. If we were in a race life would be kicking my booty, and I'd be tripping over my own feet to keep up.

Last weekend I got a lot done though. Brandon took the Saturday off, where we spent our time picking out tuxes, getting wedding envelopes, and registering.

Oh man! How come no one prepares you for that?!? The first place we went was Target. Where they give you a lazer gun, and send you out into the world. I felt a little blindsided because I had no idea what I wanted to register for. I quickly realized I had to pick colors for every room that we would have, even though I had no idea where we would be, or how many rooms we would have. So I did my best on estimating on what we would need. I guess if it doesn't work out we can always return it right? Also, Brandon was stopped by a man asking a question thinking he worked there because he was holding that scanner. Are you kidding me? That was awkward for sure.

Also, another side note there was this really obnoxious Mormon couple at Target who were registering. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Mormons but come on! You have to wear your EFY matching shirts/lanyards? And hang all over each other like the sex deprived people that you are. Needless to say I was glad to be leaving as soon as possible.

Our next stop was bed bath and beyond. I actually had a good time there, getting the hang of it. Even though the annoying Mormon couple soon followed us, I had a good time picking out things. I was surprised Brandon and I quickly agreed to this bedding we saw there.


They had it set up with a bunch of dark purple in the mix, and I fell in love with it. Over all I am glad its over with, so now people can stop asking me where we are registered at. My bridal/bachelorette party are coming up soon. Which, I am looking forward to. I think it only makes this get more all to real. My soon to be sister-in-law has been working hard towards my bridal party, I'm looking forward to my family meeting his.

Speaking of bachelorette parties. Last night while I was grocery shopping, two girls in the next lane over were giggling and whispering to each other the entire time. Once they got to the register, the cashier was asking them what the liquor/mixer drinks were for. They said they were going to a bachelorette party. Which, was then talked about for several minutes. Until the cashier asked...

"Will there be hot strippers?"

The two girls looked at each other with shocked looks until one said.

"Oh no, we are going to a party to watch the show the bachelorette."

I am still laughing over that conversation they had. And at the same time, I secretly wish I was invited to the bachelorette show party with some good martinis.

Other then that things are coming right along. I can't really complain. 52 days left.

52 days.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the bedding!! I hope I can meet your expectations for your shower:) Sorry, there won't be any hot strippers!!:)

Erica Yates said...

Dear Rachel,

I'm blogstalking you :) I love the bedding. Isaac and I registered for and got a set very close to that. Love it! Makes a room. Instead of the dark purple I painted the walls blue. So much you can do in a room when you have a central piece!

Yeah, registering sucks. And that's one of those things that no one tells you. Be careful with Target. If you get more than one of an item (for simplicity sake we'll say you got 2 toasters) If you go to take one of the toasters back then they force you to pick something from the same aisle. We tried to do Target as well, but given the horrible return policy we decided against it. If you go return stuff, just don't tell them it's on a registry and they'll give you store credit. Or you could take them back to bed bath and beyond or walmart- one of those places is bound to have the same product.

We liked working with bed bath and beyond. They will give you cash back for anything on your registry, which I loved. I had to fight them on it a little bit, but they eventually did it. With BB&B you can also go online and add/subtract things from your registry. So when you find a place and see things, you can change it to fit what you want :) I loved that!

Good luck with everything!

Erica