9.15.2010

Faith

This will probably be the last time you hear from me as a single woman.

Today was the first time I woke up in the morning with knots in my stomach, so I think from here on out the lack of sleep will get worse and worse.

I am very excited, and terrified. Those are the two feelings I have the most of. It is kind of silly, because I really can't justify why I am so scared. Any of the reasons I come up with are not really good reasons. I really have to put faith in my future, in Brandon, in myself. Faith is one of the hardest lessons to learn if you really think about it. Being human we try to defend ourselves from our fears, or from getting hurt. Faith is what gets us to the other side. It's something you can't bank on, because we will never know for sure what the outcome is once we jump. Faith is so strong because it gets us to do things we never thought we would do. If we don't make the jump we never know what could have been. We will never have the chance to grow if we fall, and we will never get to see how great life can be when we were right all along.

So on Friday I'm going to make the biggest jump I've ever done. But I'm going to let faith, God, and life prove to me that this is the right thing to do, because thats how I feel about it. I can't wait to see my family and friends come together to support me. Thats why I've been doing all of this madness for the last six months, for my family and friends, and for Brandon and I - because right now he is the most important thing to me.

So I hope wherever you are in life, that you have some faith and jump. There is no better time then now to see what your future and life have in store for you. You never know, you might be surprised as to how you feel and where you end up.

With love,

The single Rachel Y

2 comments:

Heather said...

It is going to be one of the most special days of your life no matter how perfect everything does or does not end up!! So just enjoy it:)

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

seriously, try to relax about it--- it will be PERFECT! Even though my mom gave me a heart attack by forgetting her temple recommend, I still consider it the PERFECT DAY! ;) Good luck and I really wish I could be there!!!