9.30.2010

Jail Break

Reggie is a mastermind when it comes to escaping anything he doesn't want to be in. No one really understands how crazy he really is. Since moving into Brandon's condo it has been a challenge to figure out what to do with Reggie the few hours a day that no one is home.

So, we tried buying dog gates in the kitchen - he broke through that with no problems at all

Then we tried two dog gates, one wood, one plastic - He knocked over the first one (which he had to have used all his body weight to get it to move) and broke through the second one, with ease.

Now we have tried to use this heavy shelf that will block off the kitchen. For me to move it I have to drag/pick up with all my might to get it to where it needs to go. How can a 37lb dog possibly move this and escape?

Well my friends, he did it. I still don't know how.


This picture doesn't do it justice. I seriously sat there in aw of how he knocked this huge and heavy shelf over. In just two hours mind you. Not only did he knock this over, he also had time to chew on the side of the kitchen counter.


Now I have no choice but to crate him today. This is Reggie's worst nightmare. He hates that thing, and howls like he is dying until I let him out (he is a little dramatic to say the least). A bark collar was bought so that while in the crate he won't upset our neighbors. I love this dog, but he is seriously pushing me to my limits, all over again.

Lets hope soon we can all adjust to our knew home... especially that damn dog of mine!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

We had to get a crate for our dog too. He hates it! Man, your dog is strong!

Brandon Wilde said...

We are bigger than him. And we will win, eventually.

Erica Yates said...

We're currently in the market for the biggest dog crate we can find. As long as our puppies are together... they're fine. but man, if you try and separate them, even if they can see each other... freak out city! We tried to "doggie approved area" thing and they just kept breaking out too.

And my brand new fence post looks kinda like your cabinet!

Unknown said...

That is intense. And happened before our texts last night. But I do agree with Brandon, you are both bigger, so that has to account for something.