10.04.2010

Reggie/Life Update

Well, after a week of trial and error we have finally figured out a way to keep Reggie in the kitchen while we are gone. Sunday evening I brought over an old wire crate I bought for Reggie several years ago, but haven't used in a while. Knowing Reggie we took no chances and zip tied the entire crate. Seriously, anywhere anything is attached we made sure to zip tie it to give it some extra strength. Quickly Reggie figured out how to open the latches himself, so to keep the door closed we had to use five padlocks to make sure the door was secure.


The first time we left him alone we put carpet underneath, and when we came home it was a huge mess. Reggie chewed on the locks until his teeth and gums bled all over the carpet. He chewed up a lot of the carpet, managed to flip the cage onto its side, and bang up the walls a little bit. Oh, he even got one of the five locks open.

So today we put wood at the bottom so he cant just rip it up with ease, and flip his cage over. It seemed to work better, because today there wasn't as much blood as yesterday. He did still try to chew on the locks though. Seriously, what have I gotten myself into with this dog?

On a more fun update over the weekend I got some Halloween decorations to put up at the condo. I've never been able to decorate my own place before, and even though I don't have much room I am so excited for my new Halloween decor!



I still plan on getting some type of place mat to put the pumpkin on, but I am proud of myself. Ha. I am really excited for fall, especially Halloween. School starts again this week, and I am a little excited for that, it's time to get back in the swing of things I guess.

I should also probably start thinking about putting my flip flops in storage, it's getting cold out there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing a little better with this, hopefully it will only get better.