10.14.2010

Current Events

We interrupt your life for this breaking news - live from Lehi, Utah. It's Rachel's current events.

First off - being married is wonderful. I love knowing that I have Brandon forever (cheese moment). Although, him working nights and me working days/going to school at night, leaves very little time for us to see each other during the week. And that my friends, bites the big one.

Second - Yesterday was a little hectic. Ok, really this entire week has been hectic. I won't even tell you the story of the DMV, because its really depressing and I don't really want to talk about it. But, yesterday I found myself having to pick between going to Orlando for work next week, or staying here and not missing school. I went back and forth on it for a long time. Both had pros, both had a lot of negatives. Eventually I decided that I needed to stay in Utah and give myself some time to relax/recover after that crazy engagement/wedding stuff. Today I feel a lot better knowing I don't have this trip hanging over my head. I also don't have to miss a week of school - which is very important seeing how they would have never let me make up or turn in any assignments that week. Laaame.

Thirdly - Speaking of school, last night in my Hematology class (aka blood class) I for the first time, was able to draw blood from a cats jugular. I'm very proud of this, especially since most cats are from the devil himself. You have one person restraining the cat which isn't easy. They are small, and they squirm, and they have very sharp teeth and claws they are not afraid to use. Then I ever so swiftly have to dig through their massive amounts of hair, find the jugular vein (which is harder than it looks), and stick them with a needle, finding the vein and getting some blood. Looks a lot like this...


Have I mentioned how much cats like this? I have little love bites all over my hands to prove it. Either way, I got more blood out of him then he did me. Who is the superior species now?!?

Fourthly - I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Sleep, carving pumpkins, hanging out with family, bugging Brandon, and eating some Halloween treats is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Thats all for the current events. Stay tuned for an update on Reggie the dog. Has his owner disowned him because of his horrible behavior? We will find out after the break!

2 comments:

Jo said...

WHY are you drawing blood from a cat?! Are you going to be a vet!? I cannot wait to blog stalk the crap out of you... :)

Brandon Wilde said...

Umm, I'm pretty sure that finding a jugular vein on a cat does not look easy at all. I'll let you do that.