10.11.2010

Dear Mom, [My September 17th]

Oh mom - September 17th was a wonderful day. I woke up very early, my nerves just couldn't take it any longer. I convinced Craig, Brittni, and Trent to go to IHOP with me. I knew it would probably be the most I would eat the entire day. Then to kill some time we went to see the movie Easy A, which I do not recommend. Just sayin'.

But before I knew it, it was time to head over to the hotel to get ready. Luckily I had all my girls there, and Becky to do my hair.



The funniest part about getting ready for me was that I kept very calm the entire time. I thought for sure I'd be pulling out my hair. And again before I knew it, we were going downstairs to meet up with my dad, I started then to get a little nervous.

As the bridal party was walking down the isle, my dad started to cry - which of course made me cry. So, I have no cute pictures of me walking down the isle. It was pretty much just me crying the entire time with my big baby of a dad. However, seeing Brandon at the end of the isle calmed me, I couldn't believe how good he looked.



There was a chair left for you in the front row in between my Craig and Ron. When I look at these pictures it gives me chills, because I can feel you there when those pictures were taken.



So, there was the ceremony part. To be honest I don't remember much of what was said. I do remember thinking to myself that Mike did a good job speaking, and that Brandon was very emotional the entire time. In fact, I mostly kept my eyes on Mike for fear that if I looked at Brandon I would cry too. I think I almost slipped up my vows too, but that isn't too important right?


Let me tell you, I was so revealed when the ceremony was done. We met up with our witnesses to sign the paperwork and everything was official. I'm glad Grandpa Billy was able to sign for our side, and Brandon's dad for his. Brandon was crying even more while we were signing the marriage licence. I think it started to really hit him at that point we were married, or that he would have to deal with me for the rest of his life, I'm not sure which. Ha. Before we met up with our photographer to take pictures, we got to see a sneak peak of the reception set up. Let me tell you, it was better then I could have imagined it.








Alyssa made all of the paintings - which turned out fabulous. How could you expect anything less though from her? She helped me create a painting with your favorite saying on it, I wanted everyone to know that you were there too.


I think everyones favorite part was our mustache bar, where you could walk up, pick out a mustache, and strike a pose. I know I had a good time with it.




After I got a quick walk through of the place, we took a ton of pictures with everyone. My smile was already starting to hurt.

















Phew - thats a lot of pictures. Right?

Brandon and I had our first dance, which I thought was magical.


There was a lot of dancing in fact. But besides Brandon's and my first dance, the daddy-daughter dance was my next favorite memory. I started out dancing with Craig, then Ron cut in, and last was Grandpa. It was a moment I know I'll never get again, so its a new treasure of mine.




Everyone seemed to dance - even your parents! Grandma told me it had been almost 30 years since they last danced together.






And last, but not least, was the cake cutting. I sticked to my word that there would be absolutely no cake smashing. Let's be honest, that is just tacky.


It wasn't long after the cake, that I was partied out. This day, to say the least, was one of the best days of my life. I felt like I was able to share so much of myself, and you, and of course Brandon to everyone else. The love and support that I felt all day made the crazy planning worth it.

I sure got a handsome husband out of the deal...


I love you with all my heart - thank you for being a part of my September 17th. It means everything to me. I'll be talking to you soon.

Love,

Rachel

7 comments:

Erica Yates said...

Love this. I'm glad your day was perfect, you deserve it!

Heather said...

I love that you left an open seat for her at the wedding.

Jen and Jaylie said...

I LOVE you Rachel! This post brought tears to my eyes! Congrats to the both of you and your families! I LOVE that you had a seat for your mom 8)

McKenzie... said...

You made me cry! What a beautiful bride and beautiful wedding you had. I couldn't be happier for you! I know your mom was there and is so proud of you. Gorgeous post. Thanks for sharing.

Acetylene said...

we all knew she was there.

Jo said...

What beautiful pictures. This made me tear up. Sheesh!

Brandon Wilde said...

I was not crying. It was just raining on my face. ;)