5.23.2011

Strut Your Mutt 2011

Strut Your Mutt was above and beyond what I was expecting last weekend. Brandon and I woke up early to get to the park so we could check in. I think Reggie and Frankie were more excited then I was!


We quickly met up with our team Utah Friends of Basset Hounds who were at the front of the start line. It was easy to find them considering all the basset hounds howling.


The walk was great. Everyone walked around the park in unison. I had a lot of time to think about how Brandon and I accomplished a lot by raising $390 and being around people who felt as passionately as I did. It was a rare moment in time where I felt like I was doing exactly what I should be doing - especially for a very special cause that doesn't get enough recognition. Once the walk was over, because we raised a certain amount of money we were able to go to the VIP area, which was fabulous!


We had breakfast


The boys got pedicures


We even had a pet physic that did a reading on Reggie and Frankie. It was very interesting. I was told Reggie is thankful that I put ice in his water (which I've done for years - and everyone made fun of me for it). She also said Frankie was glad to be in a forever home. Along with a lot of other silly things. I have to say I was impressed, it was a good time.

Most importantly we relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful day.





I can't thank everyone enough for the donations, love, and support we had. Thank you for helping me do something very important. Rest assured I'll be doing the same thing all over next year.

Everyone was just a little tired after all was said and done.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I guess there is a phsycic for everyone!!! Glad you all had a good time! Way to go raising that much money!! It's not easy to ask for money but it is all going to a great cause for sure!!

Amelia said...

Congratulations on such a great job! Must have been quite the day for Reggie and Frankie!

Anonymous said...

Frankie is way beyond happy to be in a Forever Home. Thank you guys.
And they are things that make life worthwhile.

Heather said...

Every dog deserves to be loved like you love. You should be rightfully proud of how hard you work to support your passions/convictions.