5.09.2011

Working Hard for the Money

Lets get one thing straight I absolutely hate asking for money - hate it! Ever since I was 17 I always paid my bills and never, not even once, asked my parents for money. It was the way I was raised I guess. You just worked hard, got the money, and spent it wisely.

Now I find myself asking for money, and Lordy it is awkward. I decided this year one of my goals was to be more active in what I am passionate about, which is working with animals of course! So when I got the opportunity to walk in efforts to stop homeless pets in Utah, I was all about it. Strut Your Mutt is a fundraising walk with dogs done once a year to raise money to help No More Homeless Pets in Utah.
Ever since I started it up every person I walk into I'm like "Have you heard I'm fundraising for Strut Your Mutt?" "My goal is to raise $300, you should sponsor me!"

And people - I feel like a damn fool. However, I've decided to embrace it. I never ask for money so when I do, it is for something damn good. So good that I am willing to whore myself and my dignity (just a little bit).

So - Blogging buddies SPONSOR ME FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THE HOMELESS PETS OUT THERE!

Go HERE and click sponsor me to donate money. Anything helps.

Also, don't hate me for being one of "those" people. After May 21st I'll be back to my non-begging self.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I think this is awesome that you guys are doing this. It is awkward asking people to donate for things, but there are many good, worthy causes out there. And when there is something that means something to you, you just have to do it.