6.23.2011

So Close/So Far Away

I would have graduated today. I would have been in a blue gown with my classmates, shaking some random persons hand and getting my degree. But, instead I'm sitting in my bed watching some dumb show.

I took a semester off last year to get married. Honestly I did it for all the right reasons, but I can't help but feel a knife in my stomach a little bit when I see my friends graduate before me.

I just am trying to have a pep talk with myself that sooner then I know it, I'll be graduating too. Sometimes it just seems so far away. Almost unachievable. I never thought I would be a college graduate. I have taken the long road that's for sure. Started out in a community college taking classes just to avoid paying rent at home. Had a few good classes, and a lot of crazy teachers. Then I took a intro to Vet Tech class, and knew I wanted to go farther. With the help of my parents I started at Broadview University at the end of 08.

If I look back on the road of my college life I am surprised how far I've gone. The worst is behind me, and my future is so close I could tongue it.

I only have one quarter left to go. A Vet Tech National Exam review class, and of course my externship. At the end of September I should be in that blue gown, shaking someones hand, and getting my degree.

It seems so close, but why does it feel so far away?

2 comments:

Amelia said...

It will be here before you know it! September is just around the corner practically! But I know how you feel. I took the long road as well and sometimes regret it. In the end, though, I think the decisions we make are for the best!

Heather said...

Can you imagine if you would have gone to school and planned a wedding!! You would have gone insane!!:) It will be here before you know it! After all, it is already almost Christmas (at least the stores think so)!!!!:)