11.01.2008

A day that will go down in History!

What - a - day!

If I would have known what the day would have entailed for me, I may have never woken up. Who am I kidding? Today was amazing!

I woke up early this morning (and when I say early I mean 9am - give me a break its Saturday!) I bought pink paint last weekend to change the color of my room downstairs. It was in need of a face lift. So I woke up early this morning to move all my crap into another room so I could paint. The color before was really ugly. A mix between tan and grey.



My dad is one of the best painters I know so I let him take over while I went to get an oil change for my car. When I came back almost half the room was completed. And BOY was that PINK!!



I fell in love. It is completely my style. The whole room only took one coat and about an hour and a half to complete.



While moving all my junk my father noticed my old stinkin mattress was breaking down! I've had it probably since I was 14. Never noticed how broken and old it was until we took it apart. By some Jesus miracle my dad offered to buy me a new bed. I was floored. Pink walls and a new bed? Pinch me! We went to RC Willy where I found a pillow top serta mattress that was perfect! I can't believe I've gone all these years without one. I also went and bought me new sheets. The blood red I had before would not match the pink I have now so, blue it was.



I love how bright both my bathroom and now bedroom are. I had to take a picture to compare.



Afterward I met up with my friend Angel to get a pedicure and manicure. It has been so long since I have gotten one that it felt like bathing after camping for a week. Irreplaceable!

Later that night, my dad also bought Angel, Cory, himself, and me tickets to see the Rocky Horror Picture show showing at the old Tower Theater in downtown Salt Lake.



I've never seen the movie before, and damn was I in for a big surprise. Not only does it do a showing of the movie but actors are onstage acting the whole thing out. It was not a kids show by any means. Although some father brought his seven year old boy to the show. I am sure that kid will need more therapy after what he saw tonight. Most of the people dressed up according to the movie and were big fans of the show. I had so much fun. They had kits to buy that you could interact with the show by throwing water, cards, toast, and rice.

If you were a first timer of the show they called you a virgin and marked your face with a giant V. Before the show started they had all of the virgins come to the front of the stage to be "de-virgenized". Although all of us four have never seen the show, only Cory and I were brave enough to go to the front. The man with the mic (we will call him Bubba) then picked out five men and five women to come on stage with him.

Yep - thats right Bubba picked me to be one of the girls onstage. My heart started pounding because I had no idea what they had in store. All I knew was it was something I would rather be intoxicated for. Bubba then proceeds to tell the audience (of 150 + people) that the ladies were having an underwear contest. I about died. I looked right where my dad and friends were sitting at with a shocked look to say the least.

What was I going to do?

My dad was laughing he was pretty far away but I could see how red his face was. Bubba then proceed to say...

"Well on a normal night we have a underwear contest. However, tonight we have small children in the audience so I am going to rank this down to a rated R level..."

At this point I was thinking to myself - What the hell? You only live once right? I'm giving it my best shot.

"...Tonight - we are going to have a booty contest, I hope you ladies wore your underwear!"

The girl to my right about passed out. The curse words that left my mouth and the other girls around were less then lady like. What can you do though? I say Woman up and have some fun with it. The girl to my left got to go first. She was so annoyed with the situation that she quickly mooned the crowd with her black thong and stood to the side.

Lucky me - I was next. Bubba was giving me a hard time and dropped his cell phone in front of me.

"Oops - could you be a doll and pick that up for me?"

Like a champ I lowered my pants bent over and picked it up. The hootin and hallerin made me want to slither under a rock and die. I sure did give the crowd what they wanted with a few booty slaps.

I was so glad we were facing the stage instead of the audience because it would have been a lot harder for me to do. The other girls went and push come to shove I was the runner up. The girl that won didn't even moon anyone but she did do a damn good booty shake. How can a white girl like me compete with a black girls booty?

All I can say is thank God for Victoria secret underwear and that none of my friends brought cameras.

Just another great day to put down in the books.

Man I love my life!

No comments: