11.08.2008

XanGo Convention - Overdrive



Tonight as I rest my sore aching feet, I decided to do a little recap of the last week.

One of the biggest times of the year for XanGo is convention. Every year in November we head on up to the Salt Palace Convention Center to somehow organize, entertain, teach, inspire, and serve over 10,000 XanGo distributors. This year was my fourth one. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of the year. Trying to keep up with my normal job and spend half the week standing on my feet for hours a time really gets me cranky. Honestly, it is good to see and be reminded why I do what I do. I'm constantly reminded that what I do changes lives, even if I dont see it every day.

This year, I worked the juice bar in the XanGo store.


Da Juice Bar

The store is the fun part of convention. Every day distributors wait hours in line to run through the store like crazy people to get there XanGo SWAG, sales tools, sunglasses, and lets not forget free juice! I literally poured XanGo juice into little cups for three days straight. The hours usually are not too bad but Friday I was working from 9am until midnight just to wake up the following day and head up there again. I can now say I know what it feels like to work for 15 hours straight. I hope to never say that again.

I would have never made that shift if it were not for these amazing people...



From left to right is Lani, Jen, myself and Travis. If you ever get stuck working all day I highly recommend working with these peeps. They had me laughing and enjoying my time while I was there. Because, if you are having fun so are the customers.

Here are some pictures of the store.


This was right next to the juice bar - some tables to drink that cold Jesus juice!


I loved this shirt you cant really see it, so just trust me.


Bling! Bling!


Everything you need to be a XanGo gangsta.


Everything orange! Ah!


You have no idea how awesome these backpacks are.


XanGos new product this year a skin care line called Glimpse.


Inside the Glimpse store


Glimpse fountain.


Travis doing that pourin' thang!


Ben playing the wii


Jake and Redis


Me and T-Dawg


Mark, Jake, Redis, myself and Travis' OCD juice pattern.

Also, this year XanGo had aerialists in the middle of the juice bar doing amazing acts. Yeah, talk about talent.




Travis thinking he is a Pimp.

Thankfully today was the last day - I am burnt out. We served over 50,000 bottles of juice. Those distributors were drinking juice like it would save their souls. Good thing they think that - it keeps me a job.

Tonight, I am going to sleep like a rock.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE the pictures, that first one especially. Thank goodness it's over until next year, but what fun it was. :)

Brandon Wilde said...

Love those hats!

Heather said...

So I was just checkin' out the archives from the post you referenced the other day with your mom's comment and saw this one. That's totally me in that picture of the Glimpse area. Small world, eh?