5.07.2009

Vet Day

It's that time of the year where the flowers blossom, kids run around tormenting me, and Reggie gets his yearly visit to the vet.

I was really surprised of the reaction I got from people when I told them I was taking Reggie to the vet.

"But why? Is he sick?"

"Uh, no."

"Has to get some shots?"

"Nope."

"Why take him in then?"

"Well, don't you have a physical every year?"

"Yeah... but Reggie's a dog."

I think I need to come to terms that the majority of people feel this way. They will never understand my devotion to animals and my dog, nor will I understand how they couldn't treat their animals like family.

Well, as usual Reggie is as fit as a fiddle. He weights 38.8lbs and is all muscle. His veterinarian is amazing. She always tells me how beautiful he is and how she can't believe what great shape he is in. Who doesn't want to hear that about their animal? The other doctors and techs always comment on him too. He is their favorite. When I call in to make an appoint, even if I haven't seen them in a year, they know exactly who I am.


Reggie normally loves the vet, but this year he was a little nervous. He had high energy and wasn't sure what was going to happen. I am starting him back up on heart worm medication so he needed a test to make sure he didn't have them. They end up taking his blood for the test. He was a real champ, even though he did whine like a little baby - I even got water eyed like an even bigger baby. If I could have put a spongebob square pants band aid on for him, I would have.


After he got a treat, he forgot all about anything that happened. Silly dog. He may love the vet, but his favorite part about the entire thing, is the walk home.


Now if only my physicals went as smoothly as his did...

4 comments:

Brandon Wilde said...

I haven't had a physical since I was twelve. And I'm never the doctor's favorite. :( lol

Unknown said...

I heart the picture of you two. its f-cute.

Shawn said...

You kids are the cutest.... And I agree---I hate physicals---its been about 5 years for me----I know---bad!

I just hate all the prodding and poking, etc. AAcckkk!

Jill said...

I vote doctors give me treats when I get poked and examined....not fair! Cute pics.