11.18.2009

Current Obsessions

Currently I am obsessed with the following -

Lady Gaga

I can't seem to go more then five minutes without humming/singing one of her songs. Especially her latest single Bad Romance. I love her fashion and taste in almost everything. I'm so obsessed that over a week ago I bought her super deluxe fame monster which contains the following

  • The Fame Monster album including 8 new studio recordings
  • Collectible puzzle
  • Pictorials
  • Pull out posters
  • Themed fanzines
  • A paper doll collection
  • 3D glasses
  • Personal notes from the artist
  • The "Book of Gaga" art table book
  • Bad Romance T shirt
  • A lock of Lady Gaga's hair

Yeah, you read that right a lock of her hair. What I will do with that... I'm not sure but I'm hella excited about it!

New Moon

I told myself almost a year ago today that I would never stand in line for another Twilight thing again. I even complained and whined and tried to get my PIC to go to the show at a reasonable hour instead of at midnight this Thursday. She refused and bought us tickets behind my back (sneaky one she is). At first I was all against this, but with all the media and hype I'm finding myself getting more and more excited. And what do you know? Looks like tomorrow night I'll be in another line to see the show. Let's just hope for my sanity's sake I won't laugh through the entire thing, or deal with too many crazed pre-teen girls. (Yeah I know... in my dreams will that happen)

Glee

I'm just a wee bit bitter that I am in class when the rest of the world gets to watch Glee every Wednesday night. It's the first thing I do on Thursday mornings - watch Glee. I'm also in love with Puck. The show takes me back to my own high school drama days. I loved to sing, dance, and act. The bond between drama members is always very dramatic but most importantly very tight knit. Ah, those were the days.

My new My Touch phone

I picked up this bad boy last weekend and I am in love love love love! The phone is always in my hand these days. It can do things I've never even thought of. I'm still getting use to it, but I'm now a changed women. I'm never going back.

mylifeisaverage.com


If I have time to spare I'm reading posts on this website. People every day come to this website to post about their average lives. It gives me hope for a better world. Here are some little gems for you...

Today, I was walking with my little brother down the street and we saw an open manhole cover. Being a huge fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, he leaned over and yelled, "TURTLE POWER!". I was worried that he would be crushed when nothing happened, but then I heard, "COWABUNGA DUDE!". He got so excited, he peed his pants. Thank you, mystery manhole guy, you made my day.

Today, I was signing with my deaf friend. I asked him if he had ever expierenced an awkward silence. He immediatly stopped signing and just looked at me. This was, in fact, an awkward silence. MLIA.

Today, I was stuck in traffic so I decided to wave randomly at the people in other cars to see if they would freak out. Just as I was about to start, a girl in another car started waving at me. I instantly freaked out and ducked beneath the window. Well played, mystery girl. MLIA.

Today I was at an arcade with my friends. I got a small plastic dinosaur with my tickets. I came back to the prize counter with my friends. The guy working the counter casually slides me another dinosaur with a note attatched that read: So the other one isn't lonely. Easily made my week.

Today, I realized Lifesavers are called Lifesavers because if you choke on them, you can still breathe because of the hole. My life just got safer.

Today, I was about to take a bite out of my McDonald's double cheeseburger when I realized that I had forgotten to ask for no pickles. Annoyed, I went to remove the pickles only to find a happy face drawn with ketchup. Thank you kind DMcDonald's worker for making such an effort knowing that it would go unnoticed. I will always be tempted to look inside my burgers from now on. MLIA

Yesterday, I was reading MLIA from my iPod Touch. Me and my family got in our car and once we drove out of my wifi server's range, a box popped up as we went over a shady bridge. The box asked which server I wanted to join, and just as we went over that bridge, the server 'BATCAVE' came up. I'm on to you, Batman.

And really, that's all folks.

5 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

LOVE Glee, LOVE MLIA LOVE YOU! isn't an obsession list fun? ;)

Shannon said...

I have yet to watch Glee, but have heard SO many good things about it. I'm freaking EXCITED for New Moon!! I have got to check out this website, Those posts made me laugh and made me smile...really big. :)

Brandon Wilde said...

I need to check out that website. That is some funny stuff.

HaLaine said...

Dude, me and my brother got the same phone on the same day...and it's the SAME ONE AS YOU. HOLY CRAP. Except, I got the black one. BUT I LOVE IT HOLY JOHNNIES. Have a great Thanksgiving...

HaLaine said...

P.S. We haven't played yet. ALthough I'm on quarantine, we must do something when I'm not infectious.