11.30.2009

Dear Mom,

Last week was painfully hard without you. I thought it wouldn't be so bad, but really I had no idea what I was getting into. Don't get me wrong, there were good moments. Always bitter sweet without you though. For Thanksgiving Brandon and I had dinner over at Angel's house with my dad. The food was good, and I had a good time relaxing. Later that night we went to your house to see the rest of the family. It didn't take me long to burst into tears after seeing your Christmas tree up. Uncle Rich and Aunt Randie were there (and no we didn't fight at all - you would have been so proud). With them around it made Thanksgiving seem a little more normal.

This years Black Friday was a big joke. We woke up late Friday morning (4:40am) only to get to Walmart to discover that at midnight they let everyone take what they wanted and hold onto it. We all quickly realized it wouldn't have mattered if we were awake on time or not, everything would have been taken anyway. So I was mostly a grump that day. Poor Brandon, Brittni, and Trent got to deal with me. We did go see Mr. Fantastic Fox and had some good dinner at Crab Shack, so I really shouldn't complain.

Saturday was by far my favorite day over last week. Rich and Randies family got our family tickets to Savior of the World with them. We all met up downtown Salt Lake and watched this really beautiful play. After I convinced everyone to go to The Gardens to eat, and try a fried pickle. I think Sarah was the only one who didn't like them. And of course you can't leave Temple Square without seeing the lights. Brittni and Trent came as well to check it out.







Dad of course had the hardest time. It reminded me how last year I got a surprise visit from all of you after you went to see the lights at temple square. It was a rare and excellent surprise that I don't want to forget. I think over all though everyone had a good time that day.

Yesterday was apparently Christmas Tree day. Brandon and I helped Dad put up his big tree this year.


I also took some time out to set up a small tree downstairs for you. I hate white lights on Christmas Trees, but I know how much you love it. So this time I wanted something personal to represent you and your Christmas spirit.



It wasn't easy to think about the next month and what it will be like without you for the first time in my life. But I am still determined to make it a good one. I'll be coming to visit you soon, I have a gift for you :).

I love and miss you terribly, visit me soon.

-Rachel

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the tree you made for your mom!! I am glad you were able to have a little bit of fun over the weekend:) I couldn't believe it when Brandon told me what happened at Walmart!! Someone didn't think that one over very well! We want to go see the lights at Temple Square but I think I might just freeze to death!!:)