3.19.2010

Dear Mom,

If you were alive today, I'd bring you Twix and a Pepsi. Why? Because I feel like it. I feel like just coming over to the house and bringing you some candy and a drink. I'd like to think you'd be there wiping down the kitchen counter. I'd pull up a bar stool while watching you cut off the caramel and chocolate off of the twix. I'd tell you all about the upcoming wedding plans, and how I'm not sure how I'll pull it off on my own. And while I'd listen to your amazing advice, I'd be eating the discarded caramel and chocolate. Lets be honest, I'd probably have a sip of that Pepsi too.

Today you feel very vivid in my mind, and I'm going to take that as a major blessing. It almost feels like if I called the house, you'd answer. Almost.

I love you with everything I am,

-Rachel

3 comments:

Brandon Wilde said...

I love this post.

Marika said...

I'm glad you could feel this way today. You deserve it!

Also, you know what to do if you feel too busy. Even if you think it's just a tiny little thing. I promise to give you my advice/opinion, and not be offended if you don't like/use it.

Unknown said...

Thsnk you for sharing rach, it brings back alot of good memories. Don't forget the elf cookies that she would cut the chocolate out of too lol