3.24.2010

Wedding Planning 101

I'm starting to find this post more and more hilarious, especially since I actually have a wedding to plan. I'm going to take my own advice, and make sure to avoid those mistakes. I thought I'd bore you with plans I have so far.

The theme is southern/vintage with a modern twist. The South has always been a part of my life thanks to my southern mother and South Carolina family. I want to make sure my moms presence is not just present, but surrounding everyone there. What can I say? The South feels like home.

The colors are chocolate brown, aqua, coral, and orange.

You feel me?

I plan on having some type of dessert bar. Although the details of that are still in the works.


The flowers will be lots and lots of gerbera daisies.


The cake - well, I've found the perfect cake. But I can't show you all the details now can I?

I've started looking around for venues, which is not fun. Some places straight up screw you over with money if you are not paying attention. One of the venues I was looking at had a policy that if you didn't buy your cake through one of their vendors, a $75.00 cake cutting fee would be applied with bringing your own. Who the hell charges a "cake cutting fee"? I feel doomed.

Luckily I have a lot of man (and woman) power behind me. The wonderful Ashley has stepped up to be my wedding planner, my designated mom Angel will be my florist, Michael Wiltbank will be my photographer, and Cannon just might be my venue coordinator (assuming I pick his place for my wedding). With all of their help I feel like I can't go wrong. That day must be fabulous (or someones head might roll... ha).

September seems so close and far away. Until then, I'll keep myself occupied with wedding details and my hot fiancé.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am excited! :D

Ashley said...

It's going to be FAB! I can't wait!

HaLaine said...

Holy Awesomeness. Those are FAB colors and a FAB PLAN. I suck at all things planney and designey, but let me know how I can help!!