8.23.2010

August Days

It's that time of the year again when August Birthdays take over my life. Well, it seems like it at least.

Brandon's birthday is a week and a day before mine. We went to eat at the Bayou and did some bowling, which I think he loved. I had a good time hanging out with friends and having them show support for Brandon being 29. It meant a lot to me.






This last weekend Brandon surprised me with a pre-birthday date. We went to Sundance for some horse back riding. Yeah, start getting jealous now.

When I was younger I lived on a farm, and did a lot with horses. Growing up I was always riding horses, but as I've gotten older I haven't been able to do it as much as I want to. So I was a little nervous to jump back on a horse. Although, I shouldn't have been worried about that since I was a pro. Brandon did alright too, especially for it being his first time.


We had a tour guide and two other people come on the trail with us. We went up to Steward Falls, and along the way it was breathe taking.




There were a few scary parts along this trail. Like going downhill, or having my horse want to run a good portion of the time. I forgave him though, because he was a beautiful horse, and his name was Bear.




After about an hour ride we made it to Stewart falls. Which of course is beautiful.




It has to be one of the best dates, and birthday gifts I've ever had. I'm already planning on the next time we go to get a group together. Everyone has to do it at least once. Brandon knows how to make my birthday special. I'm glad I was able to spend some time with him doing something new.



4 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

that looks SOOOOOO FUN!!!! you are gorgeous too, by the way! Happy birthday week! :)

Allison Stuart said...

Looks like a FUN time! Fun fact of the day: The first horse I ever rode on was named Bear.
Happy Birthday times to ya both :D

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun!! I haven't ever gone horseback riding....maybe one day:) The best part is when you get to celebrate your birthday all week!! I hope you have an even more special day tomorrow:)

Brandon Wilde said...

I did love the bowling. So you can stop thinking it, and know it. I only hope your birthday was as special as mine was with you. And the next one will be even better.