8.04.2010

Control Freak

One of the hardest lessons in life for me to learn is that I can't have control over everything in my life. Yeah, I guess you could call me a control freak. I work hard for things in my life and when something comes around that only fate has control over, I have a hard time with it.

For example, Brandon has a one bedroom condo in South Salt Lake. Ever since we got engaged we decided to try an sell it to find somewhere bigger, closer to work/school, and have a little yard for Reggie. Of course in this market we have had no real bites with people who are looking to buy, so now it is out for rent. But for me this is when the panic sets in. I feel really hopeless with our wedding only a month and a half away, and its looking like we will have to deal with his condo after all.

In the back of my mind I keep thinking that at the last second someone really awesome will buy/rent out the place, but I need to keep in mind that I don't have control over it. There is a major possibility that I will move in there with him until we are able to sell it. Who knows, fate has a funny way with working things out. I guess piratically every newly wed couple ends up in some small place for a while right?

I need to learn better how to let the chips fall where they will in life. I need to have the attitude that life will not fail me, even if I always think it will.

Sorry people - all I seem to do is blog about downer things. I'm looking forward to a great weekend though, I'm sure I'll have a lot of great things to blog about.

Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Heather said...

I know exactly what you feel like!! I have been waiting 2 years constantly getting my hopes up and even thought for 2 months we were moving and I am still sitting here with 1/2 my home in my garage!! We definately have no control over it and hopefully things will pick up soon for both our sakes!!:) At least you can look forward to a fun weekend!!:)