8.31.2010

Wedding Planning Blues

Planning a wedding is total crap.

Seriously. I feel stomped on and used, especially today. You put a lot of faith and trust into people, and then at what seems to be the last minute they let you down. Hello, it is my wedding day - this isn't something that happens all the time. I also don't ask for a lot, but to treat me like this before the wedding and wimp out at the last minute? I feel sick about it.

In this entire process I haven't felt much support, which is probably not true, but it is how I feel. I feel like all of the pressure and responsibility is on my shoulders. I'm worried that in the next short weeks friendships and relationships will be broken, because people are acting like straight up ass holes.

I just want to get through all of this. Please either gut me alive, or have the wedding day get here sooner because I'm not sure I can take any more of this crap.

Ladies, please tell me I am not alone in this feeling. That things like this happen all the time right before the wedding. Someone validate me!!

For the love!

3 comments:

Heather said...

BEYOND VALID. I felt this way a lot. You are normaler than normal, I think. Or at least people in your life are as sucky as the people in mine. (HAH!) Just keep reminding yourself why you're actually doing all this, and while the wedding is important and you want it to be special, small things that don't turn out honestly don't matter all that match a ways down the road.

I'm sorry people suck. Do you need to borrow my stabbing stick?

Heather said...

I think the stress just builds and builds until the end!!! I woke up the morning of my wedding with a HUGE PIMPLE on my chin!! I think it was just all the stress. Lance's sister wouldn't talk to us and said she wasn't going to come to our wedding (all because we didn't want to do things her way)!! I could go on and on. The important thing to remember is that your real friends and family who really care about you will be there and won't let you down:) I will borrow the stabbing stick if you don't want it!!:)

Anonymous said...

Weddings are a funny thing! It seems like we find out who our true friends are when we are planning our weddings! My best friend and my maid of honor went around telling everyone at my wedding that we weren't even really friends, mostly just facebook friends, um?! what about the last 12 years of friendship before fb even existed! Im sorry you're having to put up with people, and I know how you feel about everything being on you and no one wanting to help, you'd think people would be so excited to help, let me know if you need anything at all!!! I know we are the closest of friends but I would be more then happy to help you with anything you need! Its your day and it should be the most special day in the world!! I'm lucky I didn't find out about the whole crazy bff until after the wedding! When the day is finally here don't pay attention to anyone or anything but Brandon and when you look back you'll be able to say you had a perfect day!!