12.09.2008

Happy Birthday Reggie



My very best friend turns four today. I can't believe almost four years ago I was trying to keep him from jumping out the car window while taking him home for the first time. I almost never cry but I can get teary eyed thinking about how he has changed my life. I begged my dad to let me get a dog (doesn't it always start out like that?). I just moved in with my dad and had no friends in Salt Lake. My dad caved knowing I would never let it go. I searched and searched. I wanted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi so bad I couldn't see straight. I also wanted to rescue a dog. I couldn't get myself to pay that much for a dog when so many need a home. Sure enough walking into the Humane society shelter there was Reggie.



I remember thinking how beautiful and full of energy he was. His family gave him up because they couldn't handle him, and I was up for the challenge. Him and I have been through a lot together and he has been a very hard dog to deal with, but worth every moment of course.

Reggie's Wrap Sheet

- Running away for three days and cutting open his entire muscle tissue on his side by getting caught on a wired fence.

- Getting caught my the dog police by escaping his kennel - four different times I had to bail him out.

- Climbing over 6 foot chain link fence, chewing through the wire, and digging himself out of anything we tried to block him in with to the backyard.

- Breaking through my moms wood fence twice. One was fixable the other I had to replace.

- Chewing up many pillows, beds, and adored stuffed animals.

(R.I.P. Jack)

Here are just a few of Reggie's favorite things to do...

Sit in my lap even if he weighs almost 50 lbs.



Chewing on rawhide for hours and hours and hours.








Watching the world



Playing dress up. (Ok - maybe this is more of my favorite thing to do)





Going hiking



Following me anywhere I go



Running (and a lot of it)



Playing with friends





Attacking anything that squirts water



And of course sleeping



Happy Birthday Reggie! I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

No comments: