12.04.2008

Thanksgiving

Lets start out with me saying that I hate Thanksgiving. I hate having to be around awkward extended family who I never see, eating food I don't care for, and dressing up for the whole damn thing. This year my mom and family went to Colorado. My dad also went to the homestead with some friends over the holiday and I was left alone. Normally I think people would be sad to have that happen to them but I've spent many Thanksgivings alone and loved it.
My cousin Trent had me over with his family and I had a fun time being around him. Yeah the awkward family part happened but honestly there is no getting around that. I begged the kid after the Thanksgiving meal to go see Bolt in 3D with me. That movie was AWESOME! I even got a little teary eyed at the end. What can I say? I love dogs. Later on that night I met up with my friend Brandon I always have fun and laugh with him I even made him listen to Christmas music.

I think the best part about Turkey day is the day after Black Friday! Although this year I didn't find anything worth fighting crowds and waking up early for. I ended up spending the day with my dad, Trent and Landon. We hit up the red mango - amazing.

Later that night we all went ice skating as well. I haven't done that in years at first I wasn't so sure about it but after a while I got the hang of it and was loving it. Trent always has the best ideas.


On a side note I swear I hung out with more people during the weekend. However I only seem to have pictures of Trent and I. So what do you do after you ice skated the night away? Hit up the Belgian Waffle house of course!


(Right to left: Trent, Brandon, Me, Annie, Brenden, Jacquel, and Kelsy)

Saturday was Christmas decorating day. (One of my favorite times of the year) The house this year looks amazing! I love spending that time with my dad to decorate the tree and act like a complete retard.


Dad doing his thing


The tree completed.


It's a Charlie Brown Christmas!


The kitchen window


Fire place


The front room. My favorite Christmas room so far.

Last but not least is the Christmas decorations I put up at work...





I had a great weekend. I love the holidays and can't wait to start celebrating the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Trent said...

i sure do love that charlie brown tree. fo sho! those deer are still just plain awful. vomitous really.

Unknown said...

I disagree. Go sparkly reindeer go! Someone believes in you. In years to come we will be singing praises of the sparkly reindeer. Because if christmas taught us anything its that awkward reindeer will always save the day, be it light up noses or disco ball antlers.