8.18.2009

The Birthday Boy

Well, to say last weekend was busy would be an understatement. Why is every ones birthday in August? People should stop having sex in November... I'm just saying.

Friday night was spent with Dad #2 to celebrate his birthday. Really, his birthday is on the 17th, but I had a math midterm that day that I couldn't weasel out of. So we went to see The Time Travelers Wife (yes, he picked to watch this). And although my younger brother Matt was groaning at all the kissy face parts, I loved the show. It was beautiful, and actually gave me a little hope. We also went out to dinner, and that was that.

Brandon's birthday party was on Saturday. We went to a local bar called Hog Wallow, had some drinks, food, and a lot of conversation. Brandon came to the bar with a beautiful pink daisy in hand. He gave it to me and thanked me for doing a birthday party for him. How precious is that? Good grief!

My dad and I went in together and got Brandon a fossil watch I thought he would like. Even though I was at that bar for seven hours it was worth seeing Brandon having fun on his birthday, and that is what everyone is entitled to.


Sunday was Brandon's actual birthday. We spent it mostly with his family and watching Julie & Julia (another good show by the way). Hopefully, both my dad and Brandon had some good birthday memories this year.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad they are over. I'm all birthday'd out. Probably not such a good thing either seeing how my birthday party is this Saturday.

Damn you August!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you know how to throw a birthday party if it lasted 7 hours!!!:) I hope your party is even better:)

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday this Saturday!! I will be out of town---so I am wishing it to you now!

Lots of love...