8.12.2009

Putt-Putting It

Slowly, but surely I am trying to slip back into a semi-normal life. Today marks the third week since my mom died. I get really choked up thinking at this time exactly three weeks ago she was still alive. Sitting in her hospital bed probably, watching some TV. If I wanted to three weeks ago while I was here slaving away at work I could have called to talk to her, and now I can never call her again. I really wish I could stop counting the hours, minutes, days, weeks, since she passed. I told Trent today that I really want to have a normal Wednesday again, instead of dreading it every week.

Well, this post is not meant to be a downer, but sometimes I can't help myself. When I write about my mom I hope to post more funny stories and adventures of the two of us. Those always make me happy.

So, getting to the good part. Last weekend I had a double date night with the PIC and her new (ok, well he isn't really "new" anymore) boyfriend. The BT and I haven't been out for a while so this was a good opportunity to goof around in the last of our summer days this year. We went to eat and then did the traditional Utah/Mormon date...

Miniature Golf!

Normally I am apposed to walking around with a little stick and trying to pretend I know how to get the golf ball to make a hole-in-one. The last time I did it I actually failed horribly (with style of course). This time around however I was going to show these fools who is boss, or at least try not to be the biggest loser.

Let the games begin!


For the most part there was no heavy competition, more just silly hijinx as the BT would say. For being his first time at mini golf he sure looked like he knew what he was doing the entire time.


KaraLee on the other hand... not so much.


There was a slight incident with the PIC purposely chipping my ball into the pond. As we fought about how jealous she was of me (ha ha), Ryan saved the day by manning up and saving my golf ball. What a cute little peacemaker.


And really, I have no introductory for these next photos. They just look cute.




Once all was said and done I totally won the game! I know, I know, I have no idea how I won either. My only guess is that PIC and her boyfriend were too busy making googly eyes at each other, and Brandon was distracted by making sure he looked like he knew what he was doing. Which ultimately let me to win.

I now know you can never go anywhere with the PIC unless ice cream is somehow involved. We drove to cold stone to satisfy her taste buds, and on the way I was distracted by this sitting next to me on the roads...


All in all it was a good night of fun. Reminding me what it is like to be happy with just sitting around on the grass enjoying a bowl of ice cream. I look forward to more nights like that, because I'm pretty sure those nights are what life is worth living for.

And just because I can, here is Brandon's awesome picture-taking-skills.

(This man thinks he is a professional photographer. HA!)

5 comments:

Heather said...

It looks like you had a fun time!! It is always fun to go out with friends no matter what you end up doing and if ice cream is involved it is for sure a good night:)

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

your hair looks so good!!!

Carrot said...

Wait...I "purposely" chipped your ball into the pond....right....like my aim is that good!

Brandon Wilde said...

Of course I always look like I know what I'm doing. But seldom do I actually know. That's my problem. Nevertheless, I'm glad we could have some fun. I will have to drag you out to those things more often in the future. I like the warm and fuzzy times, after all, even when I lose miserably at the games.

Jill said...

have wigga wednesday...trust me, it'll solve that prob.