8.13.2009

Looking Back

You ever have those times where you see a picture of yourself and you are like,

"Dang! I was looking good!"

I had one of those moments today. Angel randomly sent me these pictures when I was at work. While I was still in high school I went on a trip with my dad, Danielle, Bill, Angel, and Jordan. We went to Las Vegas for a week and had a blast.

We went on a helicopter ride


And in the same day we visited Hover Dam.




And then I saw this picture...


I had one of these "I wish I looked like that still" moments. The funny thing is, back then if I were to ask myself if I liked the way I looked, I would have said no. Apparently I'm never satisfied about the way I look no matter what age, size, or clothes I wear.

What I was really excited about was remembering the helicopter ride. Who gets to say they have done that? I really wish I had a picture of me back in Jr High when I got to go on a hot air balloon ride. I love having new adventures that I've never done before. If you've never been in a helicopter, you should put it on your bucket list. Although I was terrified almost the entire time, it was also beautiful. Flying over Hover Dam is a must. Now I need to travel to Europe and have some adventures there.

It's officially on my bucket list. What have you done in your life that was a once-in-a-lifetime-thing?

I'm curious.

5 comments:

Marika said...

Rachel--

I very much recommend going to Europe. My family took a tour between ninth and tenth grades and it was fantastic! I especially loved Florence and Rome, though Paris, London, Lucerne, etc. were all so much fun.

I hope you get to do it soon!

I don't know for sure that anything in my life has been once-in-a-lifetime... hopefully the wedding! haha.

Heather said...

Ow ow! Although I think you still look good, and have always loved the way you dress.

A once-in-a-lifetime experience for me WAS climbing the Great Wall of China. But then I ended up getting more amazing opportunities and got to do it twice more. Haha, so I guess it wasn't once-in-a-lifetime after all. I guess now the amazing experience I've had that is not likely to happen again is exploring the caves in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam. Incredibly beautiful and soo surreal.

Guereca Family said...

I am the same way with pictures! I see them of me in high school and I'm like, wow, I was skinny! I remember soph year I thought my size 12 was huge! Oh, to be skinny again :)

Jen and Jaylie said...

amen sista!

Brandon Wilde said...

Those pictures look just like you. You are hot. And almost everything in my life has felt like once-in-a-lifetime, but you are on a short list of things I want to be once-for-my-whole-lifetime.