8.11.2009

Daily Ramblings

Y'all asked for more random rants and darn it I aim to please. So here you go...

I'm not going to lie, the last two days have hurt like hell. I'm trying to stay positive and what can I say? Some days (ok most of the days) I'm not good at being positive. In times like these I do try and remember silly things that have happened between me and my mom to make me feel better.

Once around Halloween time when I was still living in the house we had pumpkins we carved that sat out on the porch during the autumn season. Every blasted year we would have guys in the neighborhood sneak up to the house at night and break our pumpkins. It always drove me and my mom crazy, I mean come on - we spent hours on those pumpkins! One night while probably on the phone until the wee hours of the night I heard some guys laughing in my front yard. I looked at the clock and knew that the only reason why some guys would be laughing in my front yard at this time of night was to smash my families beautiful pumpkins. This year I was not going to let it happen again. Sneaking out of my room I started to climb up the stairs as to not disturb anyone still asleep. While getting to the front room I see my mom sneaking down the stairs from her bedroom. Apparently she heard them too and wasn't going to take their crap either. We both looked at each other and knew what had to be done. I peaked out the window and saw the guys holding my pumpkin! I couldn't hold in my rage any longer. I immediately ran to the door and flung it open. There they all stood in shock staring back at me and my mother in the door way. What then came out of my mouth sounded a lot like this...

"M*#%!^ F%$&@*> You bastards are going down! Who do you think you are?"

The profanities that left my mouth went on and on as the boys ran in the opposite direction into the darkness. Once my adrenaline was down I remembered my mother was standing right behind me and heard me say words I had never spoken out loud to her before. Ohhhh I am in so much trouble I thought to myself. But before I could turn around to try to explain myself I heard my mom yell over my shoulder...

"Yeah! And don't come again you jack asses!"

I was so shocked I turned around and looked at my mom and we both started laughing. I guess I learned that my mom and I were a lot a like. She wasn't just a mom, she had a little bit of an edgy side too.

Also, Brandon, Dad #2, Trent, and my birthday are coming up soon. Brandons is on the 16th, Dads on the 17th, Trents on the 31st, and mine on the 24th. Is it horrible that I think about my own birthday so much that I forget about others? Sorry, I just can't help it sometimes. I am a sucker for the spot light. I'm a little worried about my party coming up. I would be horrifed if no one showed up to it. Every year I always grit my teeth and hope it isn't just me and the parents sitting in my back yard eating day old cup cakes.

Today I was IM'd this -


Oh if you only knew the irony in that message. Everytime I look at this I laugh and laugh. My friends are amazing, especailly Brittni.

So really what else is there to say? It's only the second day in the week and I am ready for the weekend again. They never come fast enough. I am excited for Brandons birthday party this weekend. His first one (or so he tells me). He is a deprived child. Who doesn't have a birthday party for 28 years? But this time it will be different. He has an amazing girlfriend now who plans things like a champ and always follows through.... or at least 73% of the time.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Trent said...

THIS MADE MY DAY! seriously happy happy post! times ten! i love you! and your mom! and just in case there werent enough exclamation marks in this comment already...!

Brandon Wilde said...

You are the best. I had given up on ever having a birthday party. It's easy to become nonchalant about these things after 24 years or so. But the drought is over now. And I don't care if it's just me and you sitting alone eating day old cupcakes. What more can a guy ask for?