8.25.2009

My Birthday Weekend

I have a hunch this post is going to have mostly pictures and some captions from yours truly. I am grateful to say I survived my first birthday without my mom. There were a lot of tears and reminders of better times. However, I was reminded how exactly two years ago on my birthday Ron was in the hospital for the exact same reason he is there today. Although it was a difficult time for my family, especially my mom she made sure to be there at my birthday party. Not only did she come, but she laughed, joked with people, and made sure I was having a good time. That's exactly what I did over my birthday weekend, had a good time. It's what she would have wanted for me I think.

The madness started on Saturday with my pink party that KaraLee and Brandon planned for me. During the day I went down to visit my family and had my hair darkened because it was time for a change. I then headed back to the house to get ready for the evening. KaraLee surprised me with these pretty babies for my party,


(do note the amazingly beautiful toes)

Then after I was ready they all held my hostage in my room until they were finished decorating. Let me just tell you - it was brilliant decor! Pink every where!










There was also a surprise appearance of many friends - including James Dean










There were many others that showed up later on that I never got pictures of - my bad! That night I also had two amazing cakes. One KaraLee got, and the round pink one Alyssa made me. I was so shocked she made me a cake, because I wasn't expecting to be tasting mom's frosting recipe this year. Alyssa made sure I'd get a cake, even if my mom couldn't bake it for me. A princess Belle cake!








I had a great party full of friends, gifts, and pink. What more could a girl ask for? On my actual birthday I ditched out on work and school (having a birthday on a Monday blows!). Brandon came over with these...

(my favorite flower of all time)

His gift to me was this beautiful ring (which I am still waiting for it to be sized so I haven't been able to wear it yet)


The man has taste no? I love my birth stone. We went to lunch at Ruth's dinner in the canyon then headed over to the zoo for some animal fun.








It was a perfect day to stroll around and see all the different animals. I always leave with a mental list of animals I want to own one day. If only that could really happen! For dinner KaraLee, Brandon, My dad and I went to the cheesecake factory. It was a last second decision to eat there. I've never been but man was the food good! My dad got me a watch that I love.


I am so grateful to have such great friends and family to make sure this birthday wasn't just bitter but very much sweet as well.

Another year down, with only decades to go.

Here is yet another picture of my fabulous toes. I can't help myself.


5 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! I am glad you were able to find a lot of "happy" in it:) I love the dark hair color:) I love to change my hair, I get bored to quickly. Gotta have pink shoes if you are having a pink party!!:) Who knew Brandon had such good taste??:)

Anonymous said...

Rachel i'm so glad you had a good birthday!! um and your shoes are HOT!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

What an AWESOME Birthday! What amazing friends and family you have. And holy moly, I LOVE your pedicure!!! I want my toes to look like that! I agree that our birth stone is the prettiest. Gorgeous ring and watch.

Glad you had a great birthday!!

Brandon Wilde said...

I'm glad I could be a part of it all.

Shawn said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love the pink---love the shoes---love the toes!!